• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mk1 Eunos Roadster (MX5)

So this just happened :smt047
Knew I couldn't turn it down.

It's dark out so can't see much, so far looks solid and the very short run I've had in it she pulls very well in all gears.

More to follow once I've had a good poke around in the light.
qVdZg4y.jpg

Inspiration via having a play around on need for speed underground
kYNpj1I.jpg

Yes!! I knew you wouldn’t pass that up. Great choice dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome.

By the way that is Need For Speed 2015, not Underground (that game came out 15 years ago lol)

By the way that is Need For Speed 2015, not Underground

Yeah that's the one. I guess I yearn for underground still. This one is crap. It's always so dark, and the cars handle like turd. Not to mention the god awful acting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well had a chance for a poke around this morning for an hour or so.

I love it, I can't believe these have never crossed my radar before.
The drive is so much fun. Not been far as it's not taxed or insured so private road only;)

It's quite tail happy which I like, and that's not down to the tyres, as it's got new Pirellis all round.

It runs so quiet from the engine bay but I think it may have an aftermarket exhaust on it as it has a lovely burble from the exhaust especially under power.
The roof is only a few years old so that's in great condition.

It all just needs a massive clean up. It's been hardly used since 2008 when it had 71000 miles it now has 77000.
It belonged to an old lady who's one of the heirs to the Cadbury estate. She lived in the Cotswolds and didn't like driving it on the twisty roads, hence hardly used.
My mate got it when she died and he was commissioned to clear her estate and this was part of it.

It's full of dirt, dust and grime but a really good going over will sort that. It's got some slight grazing on the rear fibreglass around the number plate, again that should be easy to sort.

I've got £500 to spend on her but that will be it for a year or so. I'm thinking shocks and generally tidy up. I'm not sure what's best to do with the wheels. They really let the car down in the current state.
But they aren't my long term plan.
I can't afford to have them refurbished and it's not worth buying the ones I want yet as they will need to fit with the wide rear arches.

So do I just polish them up, clear lacquer job done? Or do I spray black and lacquer? Which I would suspect would affect their resale value?
BtnT5Bh.jpg

Short video that doesn't pick up the exhaust note very well, and yes I do talk to myself:D
https://youtu.be/R-h5fo6ZhUs

Obligatory tape left in the player
HXzftNM.jpg

And if I can find out who ollie is I'm quids in.
rdQasxU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: wheels. My best mate runs some old bmw wheels on his. I’ll find out what but IIRC they’re an e30 wheel, really suit the car and cheap AF too.

Sell the BBS’s that are on it and put it towards some second hand Bimmer wheels like H says. You’ll make a profit on OEM spec wheels with centres as they’re rare now. For coil overs avoid the cheapies. They ride like shiz. Go for HSD’s or if you can stretch to it Meisters.

I got the car in the garage today. It's been full of crap since the building works finished so have spent the last two days clearing it out. So at least she's dry and warm now.

Took off the rear wheels to give them a real good clean to see how they'd come up. And I'm not pleased to say, the stuff I used was a bit ****.
The pretty girl in the shop said it's amazing stuff cause you know "it changes colour" which shows it's working. So took a punt on it.

Well all I can say is my p!ss changes colour too, and it'd probably do a better job.

What I have realised is I actually really like the wheels so I'm gonna take them to a refurb place about 10 miles away and see what he'd charge.
Gauging from the website it's about £50 each. So for £200 to get practically new wheels seems good, and I should get some cash for Christmas anyway.

Before
taMUEoU.jpg

After
PuTRDIj.jpg

Stuff used
mp7L8RS.jpg

Also removed the carpets as they are pretty rough. I'm guessing been driven in dirty wellies regularly and has killed the mats and carpet.

My in-laws are going to buy me a new complete carpet set for Christmas.

I was thinking bud. Get the coil overs on the car and buy some good bolt on spacers to get the wheels to sit right. That way you’re not spending out in new wheels for now, but the car will look a tonne better with some simple lows and fitment :cool:

Back