Home
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CTR 2019 talk

After taking another look at the spy pics released last summer, I'm fairly convinced there's a proper facelift coming this year. I'm predicting an April reveal.

The most obvious changes are the slightly enlarged upper central grille, and vanes in the (fake) side vents.

There are also similar changes to the side vents at the back of the car. An OEM wouldn't waste money developing those changes if there wasn't something in the pipeline.

Only just noticed the UK models don't have the headlight washers, any reason or will they appear on the facelift

I'm unconvinced and any update will likely go to the US first. In the UK/EU we don't even have the 2019 model year updates already seen in the US. As and when the inevitable facelift does occur Honda should focus on the rear 3/4 and rear end as IMO that is what divides opinion and could be a lot better. Personally I think the front is OK as it is and best left to minor tweaks. Obviously it's a very subjective matter so no doubt others will differ.

Does anyone know what global region wide FK8 sales are? The US seems to go crazy about then, but supply is limited compared to demand, whereas in the UK the opposite is true. Is the FK8 considered a sales success? I don't know, but I guess that will drive how radical any future update will be.
    Polished Metal FK8

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    Only just noticed the UK models don't have the headlight washers, any reason or will they appear on the facelift
    Dunno why other markets have them, but AIUI there is no UK legal requirement for self levelling and washers with LED lights. All the cars I've had with Xenon lights did have self levelling and washers.
    Polished Metal FK8

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_FK8 View Post
    I'm unconvinced and any update will likely go to the US first. In the UK/EU we don't even have the 2019 model year updates already seen in the US.
    We were 3 months behind the US on release, so it's likely to be the same for mid-cycle updates. I think we'll see the 2019 model year updates on UK cars built from February 2019 - the US update landed on Nov 2018.

Same for the facelift. It's likely to be June 2019 in the US, and Sept 2019 in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
    We were 3 months behind the US on release, so it's likely to be the same for mid-cycle updates. I think we'll see the 2019 model year updates on UK cars built from February 2019 - the US update landed on Nov 2018.

Same for the facelift. It's likely to be June 2019 in the US, and Sept 2019 in the UK.
    I wouldn't disagree with that - 2 years after launch is about usual for a mid life facelift, but normally fairly subtle rather than radical changes. I guess that makes an April US reveal of those changes realistic :-)
    Polished Metal FK8

I wouldn't disagree with that - 2 years after launch is about usual for a mid life facelift, but normally fairly subtle rather than radical changes. I guess that makes an April US reveal of those changes realistic :-)
    Agreed - they look fairly subtle to me. Slightly larger centre grille, possibly to address cooling concerns in the US, and some vanes on the side vents for styling. The rest is exactly the same.

Hopefully there are some changes under the skin that address gear change and cooling issues. Some extra power would be nice, but they've never increased power with previous facelifts so I doubt that'll happen.

Dunno why other markets have them, but AIUI there is no UK legal requirement for self levelling and washers with LED lights. All the cars I've had with Xenon lights did have self levelling and washers.
    Quite a few of the other UK 10th gen civics seem to have them fitted but quite a few don't, probably an optional extra that wasn't offered on the UK R

I'd like to see t.hose extra vents in the bonnet like the Mugen.

I think they are required by EU law (and I think only EU models have them, I am certain about US and CAN models not having them, not sure AU)
    --
    2005 Royal Navy Blue Honda S2000