• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Someone here must know a Honda insider for some more solid info :graham2:

Coming from a Boxster S which has appreciated about £1k per year since I bought it, the depreciation on a new FK8 is tough to swallow. That'd only be made worse by a facelift, so I'm carefully considering whether or not to hold on for a few months!

really the boxster has gone up? Is it a special edition?

Id prob hang on to be honest, but you will still get depreciation on the facelift of course

There's also going to be at least one new colour that I know of.

I'm guessing yellow with a black roof would look nice, but who knows. :)

Someone here must know a Honda insider for some more solid info :graham2:

Coming from a Boxster S which has appreciated about £1k per year since I bought it, the depreciation on a new FK8 is tough to swallow. That'd only be made worse by a facelift, so I'm carefully considering whether or not to hold on for a few months!

I'm in a similar situation, except my car is not a Boxster and does not appreciate. :)
On one hand I'm waiting for the face-lift hoping they fixed the grinding cause(a civicx CTR 2019 owner said that shifting does not feel notchy so there is hope).
On the other hand if the face-lift comes with GPF(gas part filter) then it means less sound, a strangled engine/turbine, perhaps shorter engine lifespan. So it would be interesting to know what happens.

I'm in a similar situation, except my car is not a Boxster and does not appreciate. :)
On one hand I'm waiting for the face-lift hoping they fixed the grinding cause(a civicx CTR 2019 owner said that shifting does not feel notchy so there is hope).
On the other hand if the face-lift comes with GPF(gas part filter) then it means less sound, a strangled engine/turbine, perhaps shorter engine lifespan. So it would be interesting to know what happens.

cant be less sound surely ha

Just remove the GPF dude, like people do with DPFs too lol
An idea thanks. But here in Luxemburg the periodical/routine technical controls are very strict. Even prohibiting tyre sizes not mentioned by manufacturer.
If removing the DPF/GPF then ECU must be remapped also. An entire hassle.
Also it's beyond me starting to modify so deep a new car.

Last edited by a moderator:
After taking another look at the spy pics released last summer, I'm fairly convinced there's a proper facelift coming this year. I'm predicting an April reveal.

The most obvious changes are the slightly enlarged upper central grille, and vanes in the (fake) side vents.

dlnc78.jpg

14mdvmw.jpg

There are also similar changes to the side vents at the back of the car. An OEM wouldn't waste money developing those changes if there wasn't something in the pipeline.

Only just noticed the UK models don't have the headlight washers, any reason or will they appear on the facelift

I'm unconvinced and any update will likely go to the US first. In the UK/EU we don't even have the 2019 model year updates already seen in the US. As and when the inevitable facelift does occur Honda should focus on the rear 3/4 and rear end as IMO that is what divides opinion and could be a lot better. Personally I think the front is OK as it is and best left to minor tweaks. Obviously it's a very subjective matter so no doubt others will differ.

Does anyone know what global region wide FK8 sales are? The US seems to go crazy about then, but supply is limited compared to demand, whereas in the UK the opposite is true. Is the FK8 considered a sales success? I don't know, but I guess that will drive how radical any future update will be.

Only just noticed the UK models don't have the headlight washers, any reason or will they appear on the facelift

Dunno why other markets have them, but AIUI there is no UK legal requirement for self levelling and washers with LED lights. All the cars I've had with Xenon lights did have self levelling and washers.

I'm unconvinced and any update will likely go to the US first. In the UK/EU we don't even have the 2019 model year updates already seen in the US.
We were 3 months behind the US on release, so it's likely to be the same for mid-cycle updates. I think we'll see the 2019 model year updates on UK cars built from February 2019 - the US update landed on Nov 2018.

Same for the facelift. It's likely to be June 2019 in the US, and Sept 2019 in the UK.

We were 3 months behind the US on release, so it's likely to be the same for mid-cycle updates. I think we'll see the 2019 model year updates on UK cars built from February 2019 - the US update landed on Nov 2018.

Same for the facelift. It's likely to be June 2019 in the US, and Sept 2019 in the UK.

I wouldn't disagree with that - 2 years after launch is about usual for a mid life facelift, but normally fairly subtle rather than radical changes. I guess that makes an April US reveal of those changes realistic :)

I wouldn't disagree with that - 2 years after launch is about usual for a mid life facelift, but normally fairly subtle rather than radical changes. I guess that makes an April US reveal of those changes realistic :)

Agreed - they look fairly subtle to me. Slightly larger centre grille, possibly to address cooling concerns in the US, and some vanes on the side vents for styling. The rest is exactly the same.

Hopefully there are some changes under the skin that address gear change and cooling issues. Some extra power would be nice, but they've never increased power with previous facelifts so I doubt that'll happen.

Dunno why other markets have them, but AIUI there is no UK legal requirement for self levelling and washers with LED lights. All the cars I've had with Xenon lights did have self levelling and washers.

Quite a few of the other UK 10th gen civics seem to have them fitted but quite a few don't, probably an optional extra that wasn't offered on the UK R

I think they are required by EU law (and I think only EU models have them, I am certain about US and CAN models not having them, not sure AU)

Back