• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

mate, the EP3 stereo is an Amstrad special, you can't put the word 'advanced' anywhere near it..! Although to be fair it did play my burnt mp3s off the CD....

I've said this in the american forums, my last three cars (starting with my 2006 Fiat Palio 1.8 ) haven't had a volume knob, but the up/down switches, so I don't understand what the fuss is all about. The wheel buttons in the FK8 are magical, they have these raised edges that let you know what button you are pressing w/o having to look at the steering wheel. The new 2019 FK8 in the states has the knobs, but a smaller screen, and they didn't put the new version of the head unit software (check reviews of the new Accord), so in the end for me that is a downgrade...

Let's see if they do a real facelift with whatever they were testing at the 'ring last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll keep saying it - solely touch interface systems have no purpose in a car. buttons and knobs ftw

i'll keep saying it - solely touch interface systems have no purpose in a car. buttons and knobs ftw

steering_wheel_typical_formula_1_big.jpg

Only ever used the menu button and up/down the rest have never been used, Stereo only gets used for the sat nav to the dealers when I have the yearly service

thats actually the point - you can still use it wearing gloves. touch has a big issue with gloves - misdetects and inaccurate.

I know, wasn't joking. It's what I said I loved on the FK8 compared to every other car I've had, you can easily do things because of the button/ridge feedback, no need to look down, it's all muscle memory and feel!

thats actually the point - you can still use it wearing gloves. touch has a big issue with gloves - misdetects and inaccurate.

Easy fix is gloves with finger holes, I use them when climbing and days when I have the roof off the other car.

I do agree I hate touch screens in cars as bad as using a mobile phone at the wheel, mine is always off when driving.

Since yesterday I'm owning a '19 CTR built on 4'th of January. So I can reply to some of my initial questions maybe it helps others:
- there is not head unit volume knob / parking brake button led
- there is no particulate filter. Sales agent tried to check the VINs of their cars scheduled for build from February on and couldn't see them. He suspects this is because there is a model change?! Coming with the filter between others.

Hmmm, interesting thanks. Dealers aren't the most accurate with their info but we shall see...

You might have got in before a slight decrease in power then...I'd rather have 316 over a volume knob any day!!

Was a video uploaded on YouTube of the face-lift at some American car show, I can't remember how much more but he did say it's more expensive.
He did my head in as he kept saying how quick it is and how it holds the ring record, but I'm thinking you're quoting euro spec records and 0-60 not the American spec

Yes,
Will have a look later for the clip, I wouldn't even call it a facelift, the new colour is for the Americans, they're getting the primer grey colour

Back