• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brightside's EP3R

Hey everyone, this is gonna be EP3 thread. I've been lurking in the forums for a few months and now I just wanna share my EP3. I will be updating this thread when I get the chance to do something to it.

Story
After driving a Toyota Camry for 2 years, I decided to get a fun daily and manual car to stop me from falling asleep on motorways. I wanted to get an EP3/DC5/FN2 and an S2000 in that order of preference. This EP3 I own now was the very first car I got to see and I bought it on the spot because of well...impulse buy lol. The car was bought at 120,000 km (74k Miles) pretty much stock (it did come with coilovers and the front strut brace) and I'm planning on doing some mods but but right now I'm focusing on maintenance and making sure the car will run fine.

Mods & Maintenance
  • Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch
  • Mugen Coilovers
  • CUSCO Front Strut Brace
  • Fujitsubo RM01A
  • NGK Spark Plugs
  • IBS Clutch Master Cylinder
  • DBA Brake Rotor Slotted - Front
  • Bridgestone RE003 Tyres
  • D1 Spec Gear Knob
  • BENEN IND. Tow Hook LOL
  • HIC Wind Deflectors
  • Tridon Windshield Wipers
  • Sony XAV-68BT Head Unit
  • Kicker Sub and Amp

Future Plans and Ideas
  • LED Headlight Kit Conversion
  • Mugen Wing
  • Mugen Front Lip or Airwalker Lip
  • Mugen Front Grille
  • Antenna Delete
  • Wheels - Rays Volks CE28s, Rota Grids, Work Emotion D9Rs/11Rs, Enkei RPF1s (my favourites)
  • Tegiwa Air Box
  • Header
  • Mishimoto or Tegiwa Radiator
  • OEM Clutch

XIYvl32.jpg

Cheers for reading ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys, the towhook is there for protection :p My mate got rear ended but his towhook saved his rear bumper and destroyed the other guys front bumper :lol:

I had one on my first mx5 for same reason, after it was written off for dented front wing and bought back and fixed for £100.

I used it to stop tailgaters. One guy was sitting so close repeatedly (so close to the point I couldn't even see his bonnet, volvo c30)
Brake test, he almost went in to me and back off for 20 seconds, then again practically hugging my rear bumper.
slowed to 20ish, still didn't get the message, so I did an emergency stop.
Lets just say I got a minor scratch and a bent tow hook. Front end of his car was destroyed, tow hook surely pierced his rad..
I drove off and he still followed close, so I pulled over to have words. He shot past as close as he could to me and drove off.

Lets just say the tow hook protected well. But did look crap

Back