• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Driving Position and Getting in and out

Is it me or does any other fk2 owner find it easy to get in and not so easy to get out?
Once in a comfortable position, by that I mean you can reach the pedals, hold the steering wheel, the seat base the right height and read all the instruments on the dash.
I find it virtually impossible / extremely difficult to get out of the drivers seat from my comfortable driving position.
I know I'm not a young member, but even so am quite fit for my age (66) and med height 1.7mtrs (5ft 10inch) tall
Honda if I've read it right have lowered the driver position in the car, I believe for a lower centre of gravity.
When I first got my fk2 the seat base was at the lowest setting and steering wheel at its highest setting , but I found I couldn't see all the instruments so I raised the seat base to a height where I could see all the instruments but found it extremely difficult to get out of the car even though the steering wheel is flatbottomed.I altered the seat base to just one pump up of the lever from the lowest setting and I lowered the steering wheel ever so slightly so I could see the speedo and other instruments.
When I get out I have to slide the seat to a position further back, put my left hand on the steering wheel and my right hand on the sill and with the door fully open push with my left foot and lever myself out with my arms without putting my weight on the seats base right bolster and rubbing too hard the vertical bolster all in one quick movement and I'm out.
I leave the seat in the same position so I can lower myself down when I get in,again left hand on the steering wheel put my right hand on the sill and lower myself in avoiding the seat base right bolster. Once in I move the seat forward to a comfortable position. I've seen on you tube a tutorial by a Japanese guy on how to enter and exit the fk8 and wonder if there us one for the fk2. I would be very grateful if any other fk2 member could express their views on my post
Regards Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
Exiting the fk8 is different to the FK2, mainly because an fk8 driver is usually half asleep due to the comfort mode.

For me though, my seat is permanently at it's lowest and right back, my wheel is as high as it can go.
Entering I sit my bum down 1st and swing my legs in, exiting is in reverse, I would definitely recommend you get a seat cover as this helps loads, reduces friction and you slide in and out

Getting in i place my right hand on the door catch to take some weight so as not to stress the bolster, getting out i swing my leg round to the back of the side bolster, it's lowest point.

I'm 6ft5in and like Dweezle, seat right down, right back, steering wheel right up and I CAN see all of the gauges without obstruction. Never struggled to get in and out of the drivers seat - haven't really thought about it !! However..... if you are a passenger in the LH seat and try and get out it suddenly feels very awkward and more difficult to twist out over the bolsters

Back