• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 values

Thanks for the reply!

For any prospective owner reading all of this thinking its all doom and gloom its not. Yes there are lemons, but then there are cars like mine which have been faultless from day one.

Go get one.....loads available :lol:

Thanks for the reply!

For any prospective owner reading all of this thinking its all doom and gloom its not. Yes there are lemons, but then there are cars like mine which have been faultless from day one.

Go get one.....loads available :lol:

You'd make a good salesman :D

If I'd bought the M2 that I actually preferred in September 2017, I would have lost a hell of a lot more than the depreciation on the FK8. In terms of service Honda have been brilliant unlike BMW who were awful, had very few issues with my FK8 except sat nav went wrong, a reset was necessary that I did, been fine since, rusty nuts, replaced, battery came loose in holder, tightened.
Dotty that isn't in response to your experience but goes to show that not every one gets it right all the time regardless of marque.

You buy new then unfortunately you lose a lot, with almost every marque, look at McLaren, buy a new 720s lose 30k+ straight away.

I think the general consensus on here is that FK8 residuals are good compared to some obvious rivals. I was quite happy with the P/X offered for my car based on the price I paid for it and could have got a bit more had I been prepared to sell it privately. The main reason I sold it wasn't due to a few minor niggles (who knows what might have happened to the gearbox with bigger miles and age), but more to do with it being too wide and long for my narrow drive and turning circle. Of course I knew that when I bought it, but convinced myself I would get used to it - I didn't and hated it every day!

Just looked at the Honda UK web site:

A 36 month PCP with a £8.676 deposit would cost £339 PCM.

I guess most people just look at the monthly cost and don't have that deposit, or alternatively spend that cash on a decent used car that they own (warts & all).

I don't get this, I took a 3month old FK8 for £30k and paid a £10k deposit and my monthly over 36 months on a Honda PCP was £223 with a £14k balloon payment at the end. That is nearly a third cheaper for the difference of around £7K!

12 months later I have 24 payments left at £87pm which is £2100 total outstanding payment as I have been making weekly over payment on this. What i will say is at the beginning a £50 over payment generated a £7 interest rebate so it is surprising how much you can save by over paying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving the overpayments aside, by buying used for £30k you are funding ~ £3k less in depreciation over the 3 year term and put in a higher deposit (£1324) than the example above on a new car. £4324 over 3 years is £120 pcm so the numbers make sense when comparing.

Back