• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 long-term test average MPG and top speed

I've just read with interest an article on the fk2 which covered 11000 miles and returned an average of 31.2mpg.
Also the quoted top speed the fk2 is 167mph which just happens to be about the same speed as commercial airlines begin to take off.So next time you are jetting off on your hols as you take off just think blimey this is the top speed of my Type R!
Regards Fred

That's entirely believable. My 16 plate has 32,000 miles on the clocks now and consistently returns 31-33mpg during mixed use (commiting) driving. If we head out up the motorway to visit the inlaws it returns 40-41mpg.
Well done Honda!

If I drive my CTR very steady the mpg can drop to just below 30mpg yet if I drive it briskly it gets more economical I suppose there is an optimum speed for urban driving and an optimum speed for motorway driving and I too get 31-33 combined mpg.
Regards Fred.

Mpg couldn't tell you, but it's work commute of 40 minute round trips 4 times a week on a long twisty/straight B road.
Driving is always in +R mode and more spirited on the way home due to oil and coolant up to temperature on the twisty parts.
I did the same commute when I had my civic Fn2 and that was a weekly top up

i run about 31mpg in summer on the 5mile city to/from work if i'm driving very conservatively. thats dropped to about 27 in this cold weather.
around 42mpg on 70cruise. i dont bother to worry when i'm out for blast.

i tend to get just over a fortnight per fillup too.

I travelled to Scotland. Was a 300 mile trip one way. My mpg was between 40 and just shy of 42 mpg. Cruise control on 70 mph, aircon on and I have a spare wheel in the back of the boot with luggage.

Really impressed!

Back