• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cars for Sale section only for Members

Hey all. Any specific reason why the cars for sale section can't be viewed by Guests and only members? Seems to narrow things down a little.

Thanks

I think it was to stop people joining the forum and only posting a for sale ad of their own car, similar to the 50 post rule.

Sent from my A20 using Tapatalk

I think it was to stop people joining the forum and only posting a for sale ad of their own car, similar to the 50 post rule.

Sent from my A20 using Tapatalk
Is there no way of allowing guests to view posts but not post there? If they then join to post on something they have seen or a new post ensure that the 50 post rule is still in place for that section.

Most members will already have a car so seeing one for sale is more of a interest rather then a potential sale. If guests could only view the section it would ensure alot of eyes see the cars there.

It's to stop the Google bot trawling and caching what become old/sold ads.

Could do, this way is bomb proof through, and besides if anyone is going to reply to a thread or PM a seller they'll need to have registered anyway.

d9138c2184d6ad7f6c15e6ddc52efb8b.gif

Could do, this way is bomb proof through, and besides if anyone is going to reply to a thread or PM a seller they'll need to have registered anyway.

d9138c2184d6ad7f6c15e6ddc52efb8b.gif

But they need to see it first to reply or PM someone selling the car in the first place.

I completely understand what you are saying and respect that, I just wanted to ask if there is another way the advert can be seen so that they have a reason to create a login to then make further enquiries

Whe. I bought mine I joined the forums for I fo first and then saw one for sale and went from there. So it is a place the right people may look, though forums are getting quieter and quieter in general. Just needs the right person to see it.

Facebook groups seem to be the best places to sell and get attention these days, though trust worthy buyers / sellers seem to be few and far between.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Back