• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Will it fit in the garage?

seen the new BMW 1 series mark? Looks a bit jacked up, think your 118d m sport is the better model.... :lol:

Ha ha - As the new 1 series will be FWD/AWD with 4 pot engines I'll stick with what I have until something more interesting comes up :lol:

They doing away with the RWD M140i?

Yeah, the 1 series due 3rd or 4th quarter next year is based on the Mini platform, so FWD and no room for an inline 6. The M140i will become an M130i with AWD and a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine. I guess power and torque will be competitive with similarly configured rivals such as the Golf R, S3, AMG 35 etc..

That sucks, the soundtrack is one of the biggest draws to that car. I bet it won't be long before there's a 4cyl M4!

That sucks, the soundtrack is one of the biggest draws to that car. I bet it won't be long before there's a 4cyl M4!

That's the day M cars will be dead to me. A BMW without a 6 cylinder is not a BMW.

Same way the A45 is a joke compared to what AMG once stood for.

That's the day M cars will be dead to me. A BMW without a 6 cylinder is not a BMW.

Same way the A45 is a joke compared to what AMG once stood for.

I dunno mate, I am thinking the A45 could well be the next motor for me. AMG like all brands have had to adapt to compete, but I get what you're saying...

A45 AMG is very boring, grip isnt all what its cracked up to be either, handles like any other fwd.
Shift of the line with launch control though.

Also the exhaust notes and crackles are very gimmicky.

Nice place inside them though and return good mpg

A45 AMG is very boring, grip isnt all what its cracked up to be either, handles like any other fwd.
Shift of the line with launch control though.

Also the exhaust notes and crackles are very gimmicky.

Nice place inside them though and return good mpg

Yeah I am talking about the new one due soon - over 400BHP monster :twisted:

You sound 'murican "There's no replacement for displacement!" :lol:

No I appreciate small displacement engines ( i drive an EP3 afterall and before that a 1.8 DC2, 1.8 MX5 ect.) but M and AMG cars have always been large engines, a lot of power, refinement ect... Not a small 4 pot trying to squeeze every single bhp out of it and probably not making it past 60k miles without a major fault (look at the Fiesta STs and Ecoboosts blowing up recently).

The C63 6.2/6.3 AMG makes an absolutely godly sound, could never compare it to an A45 with it's fake crackles and farts.

That said, I respect the A45, it looks great and is a very capable machine (interior is lovely too). I was just talking more about heritage.

I found the A45 AMG quite dull to drive and the exhaust note boring after about 7 seconds. Each to their own though.

No I appreciate small displacement engines ( i drive an EP3 afterall and before that a 1.8 DC2, 1.8 MX5 ect.) but M and AMG cars have always been large engines, a lot of power, refinement ect... Not a small 4 pot trying to squeeze every single bhp out of it and probably not making it past 60k miles without a major fault (look at the Fiesta STs and Ecoboosts blowing up recently).

The C63 6.2/6.3 AMG makes an absolutely godly sound, could never compare it to an A45 with it's fake crackles and farts.

That said, I respect the A45, it looks great and is a very capable machine (interior is lovely too). I was just talking more about heritage.

I was J/K, but seriously, as emission standards get more and more restrictive less cars will come with awesome sounding engines, and NOTHING will sound like the LFA!!!

[video=youtube;p6D7S2rcyIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6D7S2rcyIQ[/video]

Back