• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What deals are out there?

Hello, I’m getting more serious about replacing my Mk7 Golf R with a new Type R and was wondering what if anything is available in the way of discounts? I have been on Carwow and have been offered 4.2% discount, is this about par for the course or are better deals available? Cheers

Hello, I’m getting more serious about replacing my Mk7 Golf R with a new Type R and was wondering what if anything is available in the way of discounts? I have been on Carwow and have been offered 4.2% discount, is this about par for the course or are better deals available? Cheers

Drivethedeal.co.uk can do better than that at just over 8%. The discount has slightly reduced since the turn of the year probably due to the new financial quarter so dealers aren't chasing targets yet. Check again nearer the end of the month or towards the end of quarters, although obviously the end of Q1 corresponds with people waiting for 19 plate cars.

Drivethedeal.co.uk can do better than that at just over 8%. The discount has slightly reduced since the turn of the year probably due to the new financial quarter so dealers aren't chasing targets yet. Check again nearer the end of the month or towards the end of quarters, although obviously the end of Q1 corresponds with people waiting for 19 plate cars.

Out of interest, what discount were they offering last year?

I spent all last year scouring the web for any deals that came up and found it really frustrating, I found the Type R to be the only car in the Honda range that wasn't greatly discounted. In the end a dealer in York offered me £2000 off the list price and I snapped their hand off. That been said, when I applied the 5 year service plan (£600) and the gap insurance that ate back into the discount but I was more than happy. Now a proud owner since October and haven't stopped smiling since.:)

I spent all last year scouring the web for any deals that came up and found it really frustrating, I found the Type R to be the only car in the Honda range that wasn't greatly discounted. In the end a dealer in York offered me £2000 off the list price and I snapped their hand off. That been said, when I applied the 5 year service plan (£600) and the gap insurance that ate back into the discount but I was more than happy. Now a proud owner since October and haven't stopped smiling since.:)

yeah don't be too down....I paid list....plus smart insurance, gap insurance, service plan....lifeshine and unless I am mistaken, the salesman's daughter's tuition fees.....

Back