• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wiring problem

Right so I've not had the car long and previous owner put newer style headlights in and made an arse of the wiring causing the car to have an "overvoltage" fault code. I found a melted wire removed it and replaced it. Cut all the junk wiring away and set it back to the standard Honda wires. Now I have no fault code and side lights, main beam work but no high beam. Relays are clicking when I switch on high beam but no power to the blue/red high beam wires. Fuses are good, relays are good. I'm thinking the fault is now in the fuse box it's self. Was wondering if anyone knows if the standard civic fuse box is the same and is there a circuit board or something in there that could be fried?

Try swapping relays just to make sure it's not the relay. If you trace the wires back should most likely find a break in the wiring if the other owner had messed it up. If there's nothing most likely the switch. Test it by powering the high beam from the fuse box if it comes on then the switch has gone. judging by the fact you rules out most conponents within the system the only logical part would be the stalk that switches it on. Hopefully this helps

Try swapping relays just to make sure it's not the relay. If you trace the wires back should most likely find a break in the wiring if the other owner had messed it up. If there's nothing most likely the switch. Test it by powering the high beam from the fuse box if it comes on then the switch has gone. judging by the fact you rules out most conponents within the system the only logical part would be the stalk that switches it on. Hopefully this helps

I've swapped the relays with other ones. In fact ive actually swapped the full fuse box. It's not the stalk as it's switching the relays and the blue light is coming on when I switch it. I'm giving up. Going to get an auto spark out.
Thanks anyway.

Back