• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 bushes

This has nothing to do with Januhairy!

I am looking at replacing the suspension bushes with poly ones for road use only.
My FN2 has only 45k miles on but I want to get ahead of the game while funds are available and also put Meyle HD drop links in as well.

I can see 3 main suppliers; polybush, powerflex & strongflex.
The full kit including ARB from polybush is £350, powerflex, £250, strongflex £150. I think poly/power are UK made, strong are made in Poland (hence price?)
Any experience/comments on these would be welcome (and rough idea of cost to fit).

I had polybush ones on my first FN2, really sharpens the car up. I think from memory it is about 2-3 hours labour but the details will be in my Silver FN2 (Type R number 2) members car thread.

I had polybush ones on my first FN2, really sharpens the car up. I think from memory it is about 2-3 hours labour but the details will be in my Silver FN2 (Type R number 2) members car thread.

Looks like you had the full kit for all the bushes from the description. I'm only looking at the 6 main ones, rear and front/rear wishbone bushes, but should get improvement

Looks like you had the full kit for all the bushes from the description. I'm only looking at the 6 main ones, rear and front/rear wishbone bushes, but should get improvement

Even with just those you will still get an improved feel. However it will ride a bit harsher. No matter how "road friendly" the polybush is, it will never be as absorbent as a rubber bush. Still, I think you should do it as you are still on standard suspension so it should not be that bad.

Even with just those you will still get an improved feel. However it will ride a bit harsher. No matter how "road friendly" the polybush is, it will never be as absorbent as a rubber bush. Still, I think you should do it as you are still on standard suspension so it should not be that bad.

I am leaning towards the Powerflex ones since they have a "road" version (in nice purple) which should keep it sweet.

I've fitted heaps of polly bushes to different cars, I've always just gone for the cheapest ones. I've never noticed any difference in them tbh they have all been fine. I did get a full set for my rwd starlet for £51 I think it was and they did have a few air bubbles in them but still never found any issues with them. So my advice go for the cheapest ones. My gt4 has many poly bushes from Poland in it and they have been fine.

Are replacement OE rubber bushes available separately from Honda, or is it the same case when it comes to needing new rear beam bushes? Otherwise I'll also be looking for some polyurethane replacement bushes. My FN2 will be 11 years old in March and the suspension has to deal with some very bad road surfaces every day.

The rear bushes are about £1,000 from Honda because they come complete with a new axle beam (no i'm not joking).
I don't think Honda do the front bushes either without large lumps of metal attached, try google search for Meyle.

there are lots of aftermarket ones in poly or rubber that take a few hours to fit, again Meyle are one of the best rubber ones, you can take your pick on the polybushes.

Ta Wilmo,

I know about the rear beam ones only coming attached to a new beam so I certainly won't be going that route. They'll be getting replaced with Poly's.

As for the front, I dont mind paying Honda for the lower arms with the bushes already in. They're only £250 each from Cox and once they're all changed that gives me peace of mind for however long I carry on with the car.

Have you got a link to what you ended up getting @Wilmo? How many hours labour did it cost to fit?

I sent the following to TDI and they quoted me approx 8 hours labour at £90 + 20% VAT. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143393068211

And I'm already getting coil overs fitted plus geo, which is approx 4-5 hours labour.

So that's a lot of labour! :D

@Loxy where did you get yours fitted with 2-3 hours labour?

I didn't bother in the end.

Will wait until they actually need doing and then decide.

Makes sense. From what I have been told, its' really worth doing all of them and it's a fairly big job.

The price difference between north and south is quite shocking, double the labour charge!

I ordered the Powerflex (Purple) rear beam bushes last week and they arrived within 48hrs. I was surprised at the size of the things, but then you think about the work they've gotta do. Just have to get them fitted now.

I ordered the Powerflex (Purple) rear beam bushes last week and they arrived within 48hrs. I was surprised at the size of the things, but then you think about the work they've gotta do. Just have to get them fitted now.

Why just the rears?

Funnily enough, I have just the front, my tuner said the rear didn't make enough of a difference to warrant the additional labour, that is probably partly because he didn't have the availability to do the whole job :D

I bough the whole kit and I'm tempted to put the rear on, but obviously will require another FRS geo session once fitted.

Let us know how you get on?

To replace parts as they wear out, that's why.

Rear of my FN2 creaks going over full width traffic calming measures that I can't avoid everyday and also when turning into/out of the drive to the road over angled pavements. So it's beam bushes first(being the PITA that they are both in terms of awkwardness & labour cost) with new shocks & springs aswell while it's all apart. Then I'll turn my attention to the front stuff. Could be two or three resets to the geometry as I go.

Back