Home

Thread: FN2 bushes

Default FN2 bushes

This has nothing to do with Januhairy!

I am looking at replacing the suspension bushes with poly ones for road use only.
    My FN2 has only 45k miles on but I want to get ahead of the game while funds are available and also put Meyle HD drop links in as well.

I can see 3 main suppliers; polybush, powerflex & strongflex.
    The full kit including ARB from polybush is 350, powerflex, 250, strongflex 150. I think poly/power are UK made, strong are made in Poland (hence price?)
    Any experience/comments on these would be welcome (and rough idea of cost to fit).
    Wilmo
    FN2 CTR GT & 1.8 Si in Milano Red

Thanked 7,785 Times in 5,446 Posts

I had polybush ones on my first FN2, really sharpens the car up. I think from memory it is about 2-3 hours labour but the details will be in my Silver FN2 (Type R number 2) members car thread.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loxy For This Useful Post:

Wilmo (07-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
    I had polybush ones on my first FN2, really sharpens the car up. I think from memory it is about 2-3 hours labour but the details will be in my Silver FN2 (Type R number 2) members car thread.
    Looks like you had the full kit for all the bushes from the description. I'm only looking at the 6 main ones, rear and front/rear wishbone bushes, but should get improvement
    Wilmo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilmo For This Useful Post:

Loxy (07-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmo View Post
    Looks like you had the full kit for all the bushes from the description. I'm only looking at the 6 main ones, rear and front/rear wishbone bushes, but should get improvement
    Even with just those you will still get an improved feel. However it will ride a bit harsher. No matter how "road friendly" the polybush is, it will never be as absorbent as a rubber bush. Still, I think you should do it as you are still on standard suspension so it should not be that bad.
    2004 Civic Type R - Current - Build Thread
    1999 Integra Type R - Gone

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SK-R For This Useful Post:

Wilmo (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SK-R View Post
    Even with just those you will still get an improved feel. However it will ride a bit harsher. No matter how "road friendly" the polybush is, it will never be as absorbent as a rubber bush. Still, I think you should do it as you are still on standard suspension so it should not be that bad.
    I am leaning towards the Powerflex ones since they have a "road" version (in nice purple) which should keep it sweet.
    Wilmo

I've fitted heaps of polly bushes to different cars, I've always just gone for the cheapest ones. I've never noticed any difference in them tbh they have all been fine. I did get a full set for my rwd starlet for 51 I think it was and they did have a few air bubbles in them but still never found any issues with them. So my advice go for the cheapest ones. My gt4 has many poly bushes from Poland in it and they have been fine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beankp60 For This Useful Post:

Wilmo (09-01-2019)