• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FN2 (first ever Honda)

The whole card needs to come off then you can unscrew it from the back.

There is a screw under the little rubber mat on the grab recess and a screw under the cover where the door release lever is. Once you've got these two off, you then start at one corner and start popping the card from its poppers, it should eventually come away with only the cables to the door release lever still attached.
Thanks Loxy! I'll give this a go next weekend when I've got the whole day booked to do car things :)

Managed to grab a couple of hours for cleaning today after removing the TypeR badge from the front grill. The previous owner had bought it and simply jammed it into the grill without any fixings
cpi42iW.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

upgrade time -taken some inspiration from Loxy's how to guide and seeing how utterly awful the standard lights were - i made a purchase
NWbcOwOm.jpg

really didnt take long to fit - i did struggle with the spring clip removal and re-attachment but thats down to my fat hands XD
Comparison shot
D3TIl26m.jpg

both sides fitted and a million miles better! I might actually be able to see more than 3 metres in front of me now.
m6iPjvbm.jpg

X8qX83bm.jpg

more to come hopefully tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Another mod completed last night. I always get a bit annoyed that the lights in any boot are woeful - fixed :)

Before
5PSadOcl.jpg

After
2vKbtdul.jpg

Oh and the new brakes turned up too XD
6cg258kl.jpg

What have you got in there? A strip light? :p
Great lighting.

Another mod completed last night. I always get a bit annoyed that the lights in any boot are woeful - fixed :)

Before
5PSadOcl.jpg

After
2vKbtdul.jpg

Oh and the new brakes turned up too XD
6cg258kl.jpg

How have you wired that into the car??
It Looks great

Thanks dude! I drilled a small hole in the side plastic just behind where the parcel shelf mounts and threaded the wire through there to just behind the standard boot light. On the output side there are 2 small holes in the pos/neg side of the bulb holder so i threaded the wire through the holes, small dab of solder and some insulation tape = done :)

More progress and goodies yesterday
Ordered some catch covers off eBay for £6 - pretty impressed with how they look
bmBK9gPl.jpg

Lxe5VNUl.jpg

Then got cracking with the brakes. I've had a few sets of MTEC performance pads and discs and always been happy with the results.
IeHvnfOl.jpg

Painted the calipers hammered black and treated virtually everything i could get to with royal navy grade neutrarust - just helps protect things a little.
tJ8gG2Hl.jpg

My wind deflectors came as well - pretty poor photo :(
cYIdUaSl.jpg

When i had the wheels off i checked on exactly how wide they are - 9.5J!!! Pretty happy with the weekends work :)

I'm after a little inside knowledge if anybody can help me guys :)

I've quick search through the forums but I couldn't find anything regarding stopping the car donging at me when you open the door with the key still in. Is there a way to turn this off or disable it?

Hoping to get a couple more small mods done this weekend so pics coming soon :)

Nope. It does it to stop you leaving your keys in the car.

More lighting needed :)

Wired in to the output side of the drivers side map light so they come on with the door or when i toggle the switch.
SC6Wwg5l.jpg

FAqI4hol.jpg

Got a couple more things through the post over the past week or so - been waiting for some warmer weather but got bored so I've been semi busy.

Fitted a little decal on the spoiler ends

Bought some of these washers and nice new bolts

Removed the old battery strap as it was quite rusty underneath and bent on one side where the previously owner or garage got the hulk the tighten the nut...

45444c08cd276e8356d8c3d36ac2535a.jpg
ad99f19ba9eb2b6ec7234af09a18c716.jpg
e1d2c490f332560b13dc7bda523e644e.jpg
a52b3de96f801c315aad0ec3b6dd1a9e.jpg

Hopefully got a replacement cam cover coming this week that I'll be smartening up ready to go on and replace the flaky current cover. Unsure about what color to go for yet though :)

Quite a few updates. Sold some parts off my old track car to fund some nice FN2 bits.

Cam cover painted, polished and fitted. I also metal polished all of the washer before fitting. I bought a new Honda gasket kit too.

Got some yellow hoses through too to dress up the bay a bit. Waiting for my nice new shiny stainless hose clips to come

Made a custom plate to fit across the mounting points for the intake manifold cover painted in the same colour as the cam cover along with a nice decal.

Then I bought some nice new parts for the interior.

Connects 2 facia and harness kit with an android 8 double din unit inc sat nav, reverse camera etc

Looked for some centre caps for my wheels but couldn't find any at a decent price.....so I made some

And just a nice pic to finish. I'm looking for some bonnet has struts but I can't seem to find any anywhere.....anybody got any links please?
e00d673a57711338a99408b1882c00d3.jpg
c5299b02c22b66771debf498b75f4ce1.jpg
b2b21c82173b9e1f2c18b25ae8bc4e67.jpg
35f04eae771c84eed43be80e4ea64a21.jpg
3b34738c2ac8c14719e68e80bb648e5d.jpg
014ea937c7bd2d717c2146f0aa276f37.jpg

Thanks dude!

Kit not available on eBay anymore so I'll keep searching :(

Thanks dude! Any idea how long they are supplied with that kit?

Back