• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FN2 (first ever Honda)

Thanks dude! Any idea how long they are supplied with that kit?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They fit the FN2 perfectly, running from bottom bolt on the bonnet hinge to the front where the battery earth is bolted in and likewise on the other side.
There are pre-threaded holes in the front panel that the supplied bolts attach to, use original bolts on the bonnet.
The bonnet does go up higher than the standard stay takes it but that gives more room to get into bay.
Have not actually measured them because you don't need to.

Thanks for the info dude. My dad is a fabricator so I'm going to get him to make some brackets and then see if i can fit some standard eBay struts. I had a look last night and it looks like 55cm struts should fit just fine but I'll update when parts arrive and the brackets are made

Thanks for the info dude. My dad is a fabricator so I'm going to get him to make some brackets and then see if i can fit some standard eBay struts. I had a look last night and it looks like 55cm struts should fit just fine but I'll update when parts arrive and the brackets are made

Now I know why you wanted length. BTW the sustec ones used 3mm steel to make the brackets.

Time for a little update.

Driving home from picking my daughter up from nursery, braking down to a roundabout and heard a loud knocking noise......got home slowly and safely, jacked the car up, checked around and couldn't see anything untoward, then found that my front drivers side spring had snapped. I've lost about 4 inches of spring where it sits in the cup so it's not exactly the worst thing in the world but clicks when i turn the wheel or hit a pot hole (pretty difficult to dodge all of them on Coventry's horrendous roads).

I got a 1 year warranty when i got the car so she's booked in this week for a replacement spring, front drop links and a check over.

In other news - I'm still on the search for some new wheels. I'm not a huge fan of the JR10's but nobody has yet offered me a decent swap or sale deal so they will stay until i find something nice. I've been offered a set of rage's but they really aren't my cuppa!

Couple of pics from Japfest today
Utl55VI.jpg

08Z3AO6.jpg

L1558PF.jpg

Does anybody have a guide or any tips for removing the outer door handles please? I'd like to spray them along with the fuel filler cap

Thanks dude. Fog light tints are fly eye wrap and the carbon trim are samurai lips off eBay :)

cheers Wilmo!

Does anybody have any guides/tips to remove the outer door handles (silver bit) and the fuel filler cap please? I'd like to spray them or maybe wrap them but wanted to get them off the car to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've also got a new Instagram page for the civic: fn19230

cheers Wilmo!

Does anybody have any guides/tips to remove the outer door handles (silver bit) and the fuel filler cap please? I'd like to spray them or maybe wrap them but wanted to get them off the car to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've also got a new Instagram page for the civic: fn19230

To get the door handles off you have to remove the door cards and take the whole lock out.
The outer handle is screwed on from the inside. Very often the screw pillars break so the handle comes loose or off altogether.
Lots of threads about fixing it on the Forum.

If you try to take off the filler flap you will break all the poxy little plastic hooks that hold it on to the black hinge part.
A large amount of epoxy resin applied to each point of contact when you put it back on will do the trick.
I do have a used one in perfect condition that you can spray/wrap if you want in case you damage yours.

Top man thanks Wilmo! I don't need to use the car for 3 weeks after tomorrow so I'll be taking the door cards off and getting the fuel filler caps off to spray :) i'll post updates as I go! I'll be spraying the switch panels in the door too seeing as I need to take the whole door card off.

Just to update a little - been fighting with the warranty company since i bought the car regarding a broken front spring. They agreed to pay for a replacement and the work to do it, then wouldn't send me the forms i needed for the garage to do it, then queried the mileage multiple times! So i got bored and ordered some -20 lowering springs and fitted them at the inlaws last Friday before Japfest.

I was a little worried about tyre scrubbing given my current offset so i bought some eibach camber bolts for the front too. Fitted and followed the instructions to apply max neg camber possible (says -1.75 but we measured at 1.2). Drop-links were a nightmare as always so I cut them off and fitted a new set while I was under there.

Got to say, it feels like a completely different car in the corners now, much more planted and grippy even with the budget tyres currently fitted to the JR10's. I also think the ride feels slightly smoother with the new springs, weird. Also really happy with how she sits to the eye now!

Got a couple of other things going on at the minute.
-kick plates had been neglected, film had peeled in multiple places are damaged the plate so I've got them off to refurb.
-K&N panel filter ordered, should be here tomorrow. Currently looking at smoothing out the air box and removing the resonator setup for a direct cold air feed.
-should be going in to Honda soon for a roof rust review. It's just starting to go so hoping they will sort it out for me. I've already spoken to HUK and they've referred me to my local dealer. I'm going to remove my sun strip before I go just in case they get funny about it. Anybody got any tips for this?
-spoke to Honda about the common sub frame clicking and they wanted £50+ to fix it. Downloaded the Honda service bulletin for it, looks easy so i'll be doing that too soon!

Will try and update as much as possible on here as well as Instagram :)

thanks dude!

Slight issue this morning - come out to go to work and the car won't start. Unlocks fine, key in, goes to position 1 & 2 fine then as soon as it goes to 3 everything dies before I can hit the start button.

Don't think it's a duff battery as everything else is working fine. I changed some of the bolts holding a few earthing points down last night so first thing will be to check all those and then look at fuses.

Issue all fixed! Battery was fine but the main earthing cable off the battery to the chassis wasn't earthing properly after I replaced the standard bolt and didn't do it up properly, rookie error!

On another note, could anybody tell me what the diameter of the fitting on the standard airbox from the resonator please?

Couple of more photos - i have absolutely no idea what wheels they are - need to find out though
y7GpPtk.jpg

3U6Useh.jpg

g1SdOtO.jpg

Sprayed this cover up last night too. Prefer the black to the silver and managed to spruce the vtec badge up with a nail buffer.
NOKCwmY.jpg
What paint did you use mate? Looks bang on that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Couple of recent photos.
Left the bonnet open...doh!
sgvSc2K.jpg

Not a very good photo but I sprayed the fuel filler cap gloss black. Need to do the door handles now but I've heard quite a few stories of them being prone to breaking quite easily.
rJgm0ms.jpg

Painted the fuse box cover just for a bit more yellow :) Cleaned up the underside of the bonnet for some more stickers fitted an MJC auto slam panel kit.
FOymKdc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another couple of photos
NJAsI1g.jpg

Follow this page on Instagram if you don't already, top draw page for all things TR.
eyvCz0w.jpg

And I fitted some engine bay lights for the night time meets/shows
aLt5M2v.jpg

CpoBUPV.jpg

Wow! Is that some mad filter on the first photo or is that actually what it looks like on the eye?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back