Home
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: My FN2 (first ever Honda)

Top man thanks Wilmo! I don't need to use the car for 3 weeks after tomorrow so I'll be taking the door cards off and getting the fuel filler caps off to spray i'll post updates as I go! I'll be spraying the switch panels in the door too seeing as I need to take the whole door card off.

Just to update a little - been fighting with the warranty company since i bought the car regarding a broken front spring. They agreed to pay for a replacement and the work to do it, then wouldn't send me the forms i needed for the garage to do it, then queried the mileage multiple times! So i got bored and ordered some -20 lowering springs and fitted them at the inlaws last Friday before Japfest.

I was a little worried about tyre scrubbing given my current offset so i bought some eibach camber bolts for the front too. Fitted and followed the instructions to apply max neg camber possible (says -1.75 but we measured at 1.2). Drop-links were a nightmare as always so I cut them off and fitted a new set while I was under there.

Got to say, it feels like a completely different car in the corners now, much more planted and grippy even with the budget tyres currently fitted to the JR10's. I also think the ride feels slightly smoother with the new springs, weird. Also really happy with how she sits to the eye now!

Got a couple of other things going on at the minute.
    -kick plates had been neglected, film had peeled in multiple places are damaged the plate so I've got them off to refurb.
    -K&N panel filter ordered, should be here tomorrow. Currently looking at smoothing out the air box and removing the resonator setup for a direct cold air feed.
    -should be going in to Honda soon for a roof rust review. It's just starting to go so hoping they will sort it out for me. I've already spoken to HUK and they've referred me to my local dealer. I'm going to remove my sun strip before I go just in case they get funny about it. Anybody got any tips for this?
    -spoke to Honda about the common sub frame clicking and they wanted 50+ to fix it. Downloaded the Honda service bulletin for it, looks easy so i'll be doing that too soon!

Will try and update as much as possible on here as well as Instagram

Stroll on,that really is a thing of beauty

Mark's FK2 Black Edition
    Mandy's Mazda MX5 25th Anniversary

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MARKTHOMASBRAND For This Useful Post:

LGT19 (08-05-2019)

thanks dude!

Slight issue this morning - come out to go to work and the car won't start. Unlocks fine, key in, goes to position 1 & 2 fine then as soon as it goes to 3 everything dies before I can hit the start button.

Don't think it's a duff battery as everything else is working fine. I changed some of the bolts holding a few earthing points down last night so first thing will be to check all those and then look at fuses.

Issue all fixed! Battery was fine but the main earthing cable off the battery to the chassis wasn't earthing properly after I replaced the standard bolt and didn't do it up properly, rookie error!

On another note, could anybody tell me what the diameter of the fitting on the standard airbox from the resonator please?