• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake Disc Options

I am looking for a replacement for the OEM disc and have narrowed it down to one of these 3:

GiroDisc fully floating 2 part
Tarox non floating 2 part
EBC fully floating 2 part

I have extensive experience of the Tarox discs from my RS3 and they were OK but certainly not worth all the hype on their website.

The GiroDisc is the most expensive option and EBC one of the cheaper and they also offer a matching (non 2 piece) rear disc.

I will be doing plenty of trackdays this year and I don't want to leave the OEM drilled discs on, as drilled disks are pretty pants for a number of reasons.

If you know of other possibilities then please let me know, I will be running RS29 pads front and probably yellow stuff on the rear as Pagid don't make rear pads for the FK8.

Have you had a look for Performance Friction discs? I’ve used those and Girodisc, both excellent although I felt the PF discs were better.

Also look to see if Brembo do an upgrade.

Have you had a look for Performance Friction discs? I’ve used those and Girodisc, both excellent although I felt the PF discs were better.

Also look to see if Brembo do an upgrade.
Good call on the PF option, thanks.
Brembo discs tend to be drilled which always suffer premature cracking and the holes filling up with pad dust.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Good call on the PF option, thanks.
Brembo discs tend to be drilled which always suffer premature cracking and the holes filling up with pad dust.

The more track orientated Brembo discs are drilled or grooved, depends what you want. Take a look at the Type III disc for example. I ran them on my DC5 without any issues and that car was thrashed on track at every opportunity.

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/brembo-brake-discs-type-performance

The current discs on my FD2 are another Italian brand, I can't remember the name but they supply to race teams. I think I prefer the Brembo's I had on my DC5 but I've only been on track a few times with them so far.

you've either excluded or not aware of the 2pc yellowspeed discs that tegiwa list. i seem to recall them being about £130-150 less than tarox so noticeably less than alternatives.

cant currently give any links as ISP issues are causing pages to load intermittently.

don't consider this post to come with any experience - track spec/2peice brake setups are a new game to me. i've spent months trying to decide what to buy with brake upgrades before track season starts.

fwiw, dream have recommended the tarox discs for me. tbh, i dont think i care enough about lifespan to be that focused on 2peice, but i just want rid of the drilled OEM discs. the OEM's discs will last 3.5-4 years for me, so disc costs alone make it a cost effectiveness point rather than a performance one. i'd opt for a decent set of 1peice grooved discs if they existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
DBA, while yet to openly announce it on their website (discs still being manufactured), seem to have some 4000 (hopefully t3) discs coming for fk2/fk8 owners. Their expected price they've said to me in email does coincide with other 4000t3 disc fitments so half the price of 2piece options.

DBA, while yet to openly announce it on their website (discs still being manufactured), seem to have some 4000 (hopefully t3) discs coming for fk2/fk8 owners. Their expected price they've said to me in email does coincide with other 4000t3 disc fitments so half the price of 2piece options.
Are the FK8 and FK2 front and rear discs the same?

DBA confirmed 4000t3 front discs for fk2/fk8 (dba 42370S). Release is sometime next month. price TBC.

DBA confirmed 4000t3 discs (dba 42370S). Release is sometime next month. price TBC.
"Front brake discs for Civic FK8 are at manufacturing stage. At this moment I can say that the 4000 T3 series production is planned on 17/02 and will cost around 150-180€ net each. Will be available on stock in EU on mid March.

The part number will be*DBA 42370S - this is not listed and visible at this stage.*"

This is from the email exchange I had with the European distributor.

mine confirmed - jakub @ ozparts.eu.
i've asked hpil@dream if he's interested in stocking - would be ideal if so as i can do one big order with him.

mine confirmed - jakub @ ozparts.eu.
i've asked hpil@dream if he's interested in stocking - would be ideal if so as i can do one big order with him.
I take it you are up for a full set as well?

Have you got access to a EPB tool that works on our cars?

i'm on FK2 which uses a non-common sized rear caliper 2-pin tool.
could be wrong, but i'm on the belief that because FK8 uses electronic h/brake, then it's a 3pin tool thats needed?

i gave up trying to match a tool for the FK2, and went with lasers spring loaded adjustable kit: https://www.lasertools.co.uk/product/6329. i think it was £70 when i bought. hard to justify £70 for the use it gets, but it comes with 2 and 3 pin plate that are on an adjustable screw thread so truely universal for anything i see in the future. being spring loaded, its one tool for left and right handed threads. £70 is also far cheaper than replacing seized calipers when you've not noticed you've nicked the dust boot.
Its compatible with your standard ebay kit plates too. i did have to cut the plate slightly so it sat inside the caliper & on the piston centrally.

Sorry, I was referring to the electronic tool to play in and carry out the oad change procedure. I already have the piston push back tool in face the rear caliper looks identical to the one on my RS3.

Back