Home
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: K100 ECU and Remap

Yeah the gear change is sweet, VERY sweet compared to my Clio 182 anyway!! It would probably help comparing to another ep3 with a replacement clutch, however it changes gears fine at all revs and all gears...

Where does the clutch bite?
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3

Thanked 8,280 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harryjones05 View Post
    Yeah the gear change is sweet, VERY sweet compared to my Clio 182 anyway!! It would probably help comparing to another ep3 with a replacement clutch, however it changes gears fine at all revs and all gears...
    Not a fair comparison since 172/182 gearboxes aren't the best around.

Lol Chris, the Clio box is awful.... The clutch bites pretty high up, it isn't a small movement before biting... Is that a good thing or a bad thing?!

They're normally on the way out if close to the floor and difficult to get in gear at high rpm. Ideally they bite half way.

Yeah I'd say mine is about half way flashy, no notches, never hard to get in gear from cold or when up to temp... Sorry to any other guys in this thread as its turned into diagnose my car please chaps...! Anyway getting back to the K100 topic, it's definitely going to get done in the very near future so hopefully I'll have more info and perhaps shed some light on this matter. Maybe something will come to light regarding the new ecu or some other issues... I love how the car drives in general, it's set up great and feels really fast even though by todays standards it isn't very fast.. Tomorrow's task is to fit a cold air feed pipe straight from my fog light to my ITG Maxogen just to make sure I have enough cold air coming in and maximise the potential of the set up...

Very interested to see where you go with this bud, looking to do the same sometime soon.
    @musegroove if I go to TDI North to get the package done you'll have to stick the kettle on and show me your motor

Quote Originally Posted by Norv View Post
    Remember that vtec being lower doesn't mean more power. When mapped to the mods it is set where the high cam makes more power than the low cam. So having it come in at 3k would just lose a load of mid range power for example.

Once it's up to temp it isn't too bad, extra rpm and longer vtec duration will help. But I wouldn't use it long term.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
    I've had the CPL reflash fitted. As you say, when cold the idle takes a while to settle. But when warm, it seems to be a significant improvement. Vtec kick in is much much smoother and comes in earlier. Pretty happy so far and should suit what I want for this year at least. I'm planning on visiting a local rolling road, so will post up the results when done.
    Last edited by dfriel2; 09-02-2019 at 02:01 PM.

That would be good to see dfriel2..