Home
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99

Thread: K100 ECU and Remap

  1. #1
    dips89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    104
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default K100 ECU and Remap

    Hi,

    Looking to get a K100 & remap for my EP3, current mods are an AEM CAI and 2.5" cat back. Have been looking at EuroSpec 2000 and CPL as they are close by to me.

    Anyone used any of them before?

  2. #2
    Flashy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanked 262 Times in 223 Posts

    Default

    When you get it done I'd be interested in your thoughts on the changes it makes, I have an injen cai and 2.5" 5Zigen catback.
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3

  3. #3
    TomCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fareham
    Posts
    3,288
    Thanked 593 Times in 460 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dips89 View Post
    Hi,

    Looking to get a K100 & remap for my EP3, current mods are an AEM CAI and 2.5" cat back. Have been looking at EuroSpec 2000 and CPL as they are close by to me.

    Anyone used any of them before?
    I didn't think eurospec still exists

    Edit:
    Scrap that, they have a 2019 website so no idea. Friend at work had his car done by CPL, he wasn't pleased with it. If Romain still works at eurospec go there.
    I play drums: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPa...Ps3oTiA/videos

    New and updated for 2013. Follow me on Tumblr: http://tomcatgoad.tumblr.com/

    My newest project, UrbexCat: http://urbexcat.tumblr.com/


  4. #4
    Norv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    767
    Thanked 147 Times in 130 Posts

    Default

    Romain doesn't work with eurospec any more. I wouldn't go anywhere near eurospec. Personally I'd use romain (race cal) or Jesse Halford (j cal) Jesse is based in Thurrock and uses tdi South dyno. He can supply hondata stuff as well for you.

    I've used both of them and really happy with their work.

    Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Flashy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanked 262 Times in 223 Posts

    Default

    Would these guys provide a K100, install it and map the car too?
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3

  6. #6
    dips89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    104
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Looks like might just have to do the 3 hour drive to TDI North.

  7. #7
    TomCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fareham
    Posts
    3,288
    Thanked 593 Times in 460 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norv View Post
    Romain doesn't work with eurospec any more. I wouldn't go anywhere near eurospec. Personally I'd use romain (race cal) or Jesse Halford (j cal) Jesse is based in Thurrock and uses tdi South dyno. He can supply hondata stuff as well for you.

    I've used both of them and really happy with their work.

    Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk
    I thought eurospec had completely folded. But I would travel to goto Romain again. He did my EP3 and did an amazing job.
    I play drums: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPa...Ps3oTiA/videos

    New and updated for 2013. Follow me on Tumblr: http://tomcatgoad.tumblr.com/

    My newest project, UrbexCat: http://urbexcat.tumblr.com/


  8. #8
    Mebz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanked 28 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dips89 View Post
    Looks like might just have to do the 3 hour drive to TDI North.
    If your willing to travel, I would go to EFI Parts in Runcorn.

    I've had maps from both with no complaints whatsoever but with EFI cruising around on part throttle you can't tell it's been mapped, it's very smooth.

  9. #9
    Harryjones05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    28
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello chaps, I've read as much as I can but I'm after a definitive answer from the experts here... I've got an EP3 with an ITG Maxogen carbon intake and a Japspeed 2.5 inch catback exhaust, the car is otherwise standard and I don't intend any other big mods... I live near Shrewsbury area, what is the best and cheapest way to map my EP3 properly and what power gains could be expected?! Somewhere within an hour of Shrewsbury area would be ideal but obviously id travel further for a proper job... Cheers in advance...

  10. #10
    TomCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fareham
    Posts
    3,288
    Thanked 593 Times in 460 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harryjones05 View Post
    Hello chaps, I've read as much as I can but I'm after a definitive answer from the experts here... I've got an EP3 with an ITG Maxogen carbon intake and a Japspeed 2.5 inch catback exhaust, the car is otherwise standard and I don't intend any other big mods... I live near Shrewsbury area, what is the best and cheapest way to map my EP3 properly and what power gains could be expected?! Somewhere within an hour of Shrewsbury area would be ideal but obviously id travel further for a proper job... Cheers in advance...
    Just exhaust and intake not big top end gains. Should open up the mid alot though.

    On my civic I did intake, throttle body, intake manifold, decat and exhaust and made 230 top end. But made loads of mid range.

    As for cost effectiveness buy a premodified ECU with a k100 or kpro on it. Then take the whole lot to the tuner of your choice. They will plug in the new ECU and map it. They will probably have to disable the immobilizer unless you take the car to honda to get the key coded to the new ECU.
    Last edited by TomCat; 14-01-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    I play drums: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPa...Ps3oTiA/videos

    New and updated for 2013. Follow me on Tumblr: http://tomcatgoad.tumblr.com/

    My newest project, UrbexCat: http://urbexcat.tumblr.com/


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •