• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 ECU and Remap

Hi,

Looking to get a K100 & remap for my EP3, current mods are an AEM CAI and 2.5" cat back. Have been looking at EuroSpec 2000 and CPL as they are close by to me.

Anyone used any of them before?

When you get it done I'd be interested in your thoughts on the changes it makes, I have an injen cai and 2.5" 5Zigen catback.

Hi,

Looking to get a K100 & remap for my EP3, current mods are an AEM CAI and 2.5" cat back. Have been looking at EuroSpec 2000 and CPL as they are close by to me.

Anyone used any of them before?
I didn't think eurospec still exists

Edit:
Scrap that, they have a 2019 website so no idea. Friend at work had his car done by CPL, he wasn't pleased with it. If Romain still works at eurospec go there.

Romain doesn't work with eurospec any more. I wouldn't go anywhere near eurospec. Personally I'd use romain (race cal) or Jesse Halford (j cal) Jesse is based in Thurrock and uses tdi South dyno. He can supply hondata stuff as well for you.

I've used both of them and really happy with their work.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Romain doesn't work with eurospec any more. I wouldn't go anywhere near eurospec. Personally I'd use romain (race cal) or Jesse Halford (j cal) Jesse is based in Thurrock and uses tdi South dyno. He can supply hondata stuff as well for you.

I thought eurospec had completely folded. But I would travel to goto Romain again. He did my EP3 and did an amazing job.

Looks like might just have to do the 3 hour drive to TDI North.
If your willing to travel, I would go to EFI Parts in Runcorn.

I've had maps from both with no complaints whatsoever but with EFI cruising around on part throttle you can't tell it's been mapped, it's very smooth.

Hello chaps, I've read as much as I can but I'm after a definitive answer from the experts here... I've got an EP3 with an ITG Maxogen carbon intake and a Japspeed 2.5 inch catback exhaust, the car is otherwise standard and I don't intend any other big mods... I live near Shrewsbury area, what is the best and cheapest way to map my EP3 properly and what power gains could be expected?! Somewhere within an hour of Shrewsbury area would be ideal but obviously id travel further for a proper job... Cheers in advance...

Hello chaps, I've read as much as I can but I'm after a definitive answer from the experts here... I've got an EP3 with an ITG Maxogen carbon intake and a Japspeed 2.5 inch catback exhaust, the car is otherwise standard and I don't intend any other big mods... I live near Shrewsbury area, what is the best and cheapest way to map my EP3 properly and what power gains could be expected?! Somewhere within an hour of Shrewsbury area would be ideal but obviously id travel further for a proper job... Cheers in advance...
Just exhaust and intake not big top end gains. Should open up the mid alot though.

On my civic I did intake, throttle body, intake manifold, decat and exhaust and made 230 top end. But made loads of mid range.

As for cost effectiveness buy a premodified ECU with a k100 or kpro on it. Then take the whole lot to the tuner of your choice. They will plug in the new ECU and map it. They will probably have to disable the immobilizer unless you take the car to honda to get the key coded to the new ECU.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've had maps from both with no complaints whatsoever but with EFI cruising around on part throttle you can't tell it's been mapped, it's very smooth.

Ditto, both tuners are spot on but I found Chris just spent that little bit longer dialing it in for quality of life things like part throttle.

Thanks for the reply Tomcat that's great... I was hoping for a simple 300quid ish remap like most other cars but obviously from reading about the EP3 it isn't possible... I had emailed CPL racing and got a reply this morning, is the general consensus that it's a crap map?! Ideally that's all I'd want to do to my EP3, I find it hard to stay in vtec and its gutless up to 6k revs so that's my reasoning for wanting a map, power gains weren't an issue for me really, just driveability....

Thanks for the reply Tomcat that's great... I was hoping for a simple 300quid ish remap like most other cars but obviously from reading about the EP3 it isn't possible... I had emailed CPL racing and got a reply this morning, is the general consensus that it's a crap map?! Ideally that's all I'd want to do to my EP3, I find it hard to stay in vtec and its gutless up to 6k revs so that's my reasoning for wanting a map, power gains weren't an issue for me really, just driveability....
Even mapping a standard car is an improvement, I have not got personal experience with cpl but a friend at work has. He used to talk highly of them however recently he's had nothing good to say about them. If your down south I would track down Romain to do the mapping. You can probably get a modified ECU with a k100 in cheapish. And then you just pop you ECU back in when you sell the car and sell the modified ECU on.

Just to chip in on this, if you go for the supply, fit and remap service that a few tuners provide, do they sort out the immobiliser?

would you know where racecal are based as I cannot seem to locate their address on their website.

Would you know where RaceCal are based

Romain used to use Surrey rolling Road as that's a syvecs site. Last time I spoke to him he had a 2 month wait for taking on jobs though.

Jesse can supply an ecu with a k100 in it and map it, but the immo will have to be disable and the key light will flash. Only ones who can sort that are cpl near you I think. Cpl reflash is terrible, drivability gets so much worse. Don't even entertain that idea.

I'd give Jesse a shout, he's on Facebook and uses tdi dyno in Thurrock. Really happy with what he did to mine, really helpful and good to deal with.

I had similar mods to TomCat (even got his coilovers) and made 245bhp with a 3 inch exhaust. Mid range you gain around 40-50bhp at around 5k, they drive so much nicer. Is it worth the £750+ just for the ecu and mapping is hard to say, but they are a lot of fun with some of the work done!

Just to chip in on this, if you go for the supply, fit and remap service that a few tuners provide, do they sort out the immobiliser?
They would have to fit the piggyback ecu into your original one, which only a handful of people can I believe.

Most would have one with it fitted and disable the immo which leaves a green flashing key light.

Agree with this, EFI parts are brilliant.

Back