• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 ECU and Remap

Thanks for that. I really want the vtec lower for hillclimbing this year, but also struggling with the k100, manifold and mapping costs.. so might be a stop gap solution. If it’s too horrendous then I’ll just have to go the whole way.. thanks again.
Remember that vtec being lower doesn't mean more power. When mapped to the mods it is set where the high cam makes more power than the low cam. So having it come in at 3k would just lose a load of mid range power for example.

Once it's up to temp it isn't too bad, extra rpm and longer vtec duration will help. But I wouldn't use it long term.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what sort of rough figures I could expect from a K100 TDI tune with an ITG Maxogen carbon intake and a Japspeed 2.5 inch catback...?!

That sounds great to me, I definitely want it done more for driveability than anything but if it gains 15bhp or more over standard that would be awesome... I find it very hard to stay in vtec unless I bounce off the limiter at the moment.. Also that flat feeling up to 6k being eliminated would also be great..! Cheers Flashy.

It was my daily although very few miles. I had it for about 3 months I think. I had to delete the idle air assist valve just to get it to idle from cold below 2k. My 3 mile commute to work was like having cruise control stuck on, revs wanted to be at 2.5k ish, even when cruising in a 30 zone.

As a stop gap, yes it'll do. Long term solution, completely pointless. Cpl were far from helpful with the fault aswell. Point blank denying the issue has ever come up before and it must be a problem with the car. I got another throttlw body complete and kept swapping bits around, still the same. Then found a few forum posts describing the same faults and booked in for Romain to have a go at it once I'd fitted the manifolds etc. Needless to say it was perfect afterwards.

This sounds much like a guy from works experience of CPL. Happy to take your money. Not happy to help

This sounds much like a guy from works experience of CPL. Happy to take your money. Not happy to help
It was just the wasted time that I'd spent trying to fix the car that was most annoying. If they'd said they had heard similar problems I'd have got my actual remap brought forward.

Hello chap's, I'm back with more questions...! I've decided I'll definitely be going to TDI North for a K100 and remap, I emailed them to ask about maximum gains without spending a fortune and not changing my exhaust setup in any way as Im happy with it and need an MOT compliant car...

So, they didn't quite understand me and recommended an Injen intake, M2 inlet manifold and ideally a 3inch exhaust to go with the K100 tune...

Anyway, I want to keep my ITG Maxogen, I have a 2.25 inch catback exhaust and I want to maximise the gains from a K100 tune with minimal expense on top...

I'm not a mong so i can fit an inlet manifold myself, my question is would anyone recommend an M2 manifold to get extra gains from said setup..?! Even if I gained 5bhp extra with an inlet manifold I'd be happy to spend the 300ish quid... Is that possible? and any suggestions much appreciated, also I'm not wanting to cut my slam panel hence looking at the M2 inlet... Cheers in advance, Gaz.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/blog/k-series-intake-dyno-face-off/

Here's a good article to read. M2 manifold is meant to be close to rbc performance so I've heard.

To be honest if anyone said they could feel the difference between 5bhp they'd be lying! If you've got the cash to spend, then why not? But it would be better out towards a LSD or other handling mods most probably.

Cheers Norv, to be honest I'm just after the most power for reasonable money hence asking about a manifold, if I gained 5bhp for 300quid I think it's worth it... An lsd etc doesn't really interest me as I'm 36 years old and my hooning around days are long gone.. Also I won't be on any racetracks.. It's really purely for drivablitiy for me and obviously if you need to spend 765quid on a K100 remap then why not a little extra money for more power... :D

Just get the k100, don't spend anything on more power. Spend the £300 on a FRSU: camber arms & bolts & a full set up. That'll improve 'driveability' much more than an inlet manifold ever could.

Hi Hazz, she's all set up with Eibach springs, hard race camber arms and bolts... Also got EBC USR discs and yellowstuff pads, 4 new calipers and braided hoses all round... Its basically the Vtec I'm referring to about driveability... I have to bounce off the limiter to stay in vtec which does my head in tbh so a K100 is definitely needed, if someone can advise on whether an M2 mani will add power with my setup I'll likely go ahead and buy one.. Cheers for the input by the way chaps 8)

It will add power, 2 or 3 bhp at full chat if it's as similar to the RBC as people say it is. As others have said though, you likely won't notice it. The biggest change will be the k100 remap, that'll give you what you want in terms of lower crossover. I know you said you don't want to change your exhaust because you like the noise it makes - which is very important - but that's your biggest restriction to power right now. 2.25" isn't big enough and the CAT is hugely restrictive.

You'll get a load of torque changing that system. Japspeed mani, sportex SILENCED centre section and OEM backbox was my set up that I settled on. Cheap and cheerful and sounded great without being overly offensive (loud). Compared to an intake manifold - night and day.

That's a really good point about the exhaust Hazz. The restrictive cat people always mention is such a shame on these cars... I definitely don't want to decat as I'm not wanting to mess about failing emissions come mot time every year... Out of interest does anyone run any sports cats which fit the bill for power but pass emissions?!

They're a bit hit and miss, from what I've read anyway. They need to be absolutely piping hot to just squeeze through emissions.

I had the same concerns about MOTs and VOSA as you. In the end I found a 'fiendly' MOT tester. If you're in the north I can point you in the right direction.

Ive actually got a mate who does MOTS and he's always been good squeezing my old alfa v6 through emissions... The problem I've got now is where I live the vosa lot do roadside checks very regularly and on my only route to work.. They mainly aim for farm vehicles with red diesel etc, however when they see potential boy racer type cars they flag you down, I've been pulled twice in the last year and it's just not worth the risk really...

I know exactly what you mean. I was pulled twice in my EP3 by VOSA en route to work, luckily before I decatted.

I was kind of forced to though... I spent a load to cam mine but only made like another 5 bhp using the DC5 manifold. I spent all that money and got next to nothing, so decat and extract the power was the only option.... other than live with it. Infact, that's your only other MOT friendly option if you can find one. DC5 manifold is better flowing than UKDM, especially if you port it out at the engine flange where the castings protrude into the airflow.

What about the Toyo sports mani that's a straight swap with oem? Doesn't replace the cat but the bore is bigger.

Change the b pipe and back box for some placebo BHP and get a K100 map. Or just buy a car that's got more power in the first place which is what I would suggest given you're not interested in an LSD at all. They totally transform the car in almost all situations, not just driving it like a boy racer. As for hitting the limiter, never had that problem in a stock EP3, learn to drive maybe? :lol: Accord Type R is another matter but if you change at over 8k rpm you should be well into VTEC in the next gear.

What about the Toyo sports mani that's a straight swap with oem? Doesn't replace the cat but the bore is bigger.

That's like forcing more water down to pass a golf ball stuck in a garden hose.

Cheers for your help guys. I'm always amazed with the suggestion of getting a more powerful car if you're chasing power... I'm only merely asking the fact that I have to spend £765 quid to map a car where it would normally be around £300... So considering a map is so expensive on these cars I just wanted to know if a few hundred quid more could get some extra power... I've already had numerous encounters with speed bumps with my 2.25inch exhaust and haven't long bought it so I won't be buying or replacing the exhaust... The car is set up exactly how I want it as its my daily driver except for the fact that the factory map is s***....! I don't know whether its just my car(and for the record I'm not a s*** driver) but staying in vtec requires hitting the limiter and ideally I want to stay in vtec whilst reaching the limiter, not bouncing off it! I'm only a spirited driver occasionally and I do like to overtake farmer Giles regularly as there's one on every road where I live... So if the consensus is that a new inlet won't add power I'll just get a K100, I wanted to make the most of the remap with the thought in mind that it's expensive so why not see if a simple bolt on part like an inlet would help...cheers for replies though I aprreciated the guidance.

I'm in the same position as you, I've got a 5zigen 2.5" catback and an injen cai. Not looking to decat so will probably get a K100 and map with just those two mods. I've already got decent tyres, a JDM rarb and a frsu, I may look at a 15mm drop too.

Back