• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K100 ECU and Remap

My old Meister's? Did you get them sorted? Top mounts?
Yeah I took them all apart, couldn't find much wrong. Put some new top mounta on and fitted them. Same as you said, but haven't caused any problems. No idea where the play is or why! So far so good I guess.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah I took them all apart, couldn't find much wrong. Put some new top mounta on and fitted them. Same as you said, but haven't caused any problems. No idea where the play is or why! So far so good I guess.

AHH fair enough. I forgot who bought what. Had people coming from all over to get bits. Still got them now? They've had a good inning's

AHH fair enough. I forgot who bought what. Had people coming from all over to get bits. Still got them now? They've had a good inning's
Yeah they're still going strong, done another 5 or 6 track days I think. I remember you saying it was keeping you busy selling all the stuff.

It was quite a while ago so maybe I should think about cleaning and regreasing them soon really...

That's great cheers guys, I think that's what I'll be doing... I might even put it on hold and save for a new inlet mani and exhaust mani as well...

Is there anyway around the immobiliser issue then? Can it be reprogrammed by Honda to the ECU?

I thought if you got a K100 piggybacked to your original ecu, then the immobiliser would not be compromised?

I don't think it's any cheaper secondhand. Most k100 come up for £350 plus, add remap and install and it's not much cheaper.

I sent my ecu in the post to cpl for them to fit the kpro4 to it.

Fitted the ecu back myself and uploaded a generic hondata map to the car. Didn't thrash the car, kept it closed loop and no WOT until efi mapped it.

I went for kpro4 because I liked the idea of the bluetooth gimmick.

Don't quote me on this but I don't think you can map directly with a k100. I think mappers remove the k100, fit a kpro, do the map, refit k100 and upload the map they produced using the kpro.

EFI charge by the hour so you do get some saving by having a kpro.

I thought if you got a K100 piggybacked to your original ecu, then the immobiliser would not be compromised?

Yes so found a place up in Glasgow PerformanceTek Racing Ltd. Have quoted £430 to put the K100 onto the original ECU which will sort the immo issue out and will upload a base map for me then to fit it back in and drive the car down to J.Cal.

I've only just realised that TDI do a K100 supplied, fitted and fully set up for £765, originally when searching I only saw the expensive TDI package with manifolds/catback etc... I know a good map is vital, I find it a little gutting that £765 is what needs to be spent just to map an EP3... Normally £300 ish will get a car properly mapped, so maybe saving for manifolds as well is a good idea... Can you achieve 230/40bhp on an EP3 with an mot compliant cat fitted? I see many sell minifolds with decats... Cheers.

230 yes, 240 would be a push but certainly doable.

The DC5 manifold is the most reliable for passing an MOT. Some of the other aftermarkets either don't meet emissions or they have to be absolutely piping hot to squeeze through the test.

Up north your make 240 all day long.

With compliant CAT though? I'd say that's getting past the bolt on stage. 240 no problem with a decat.

I made 235 with RBC, unsilenced B-pipe, AEM v1, ported DC5 mani & FD2 cams. 248 swapping the DC5 mani for a japspeed decat mani. That's at TDi North rollers which are generally considered to read a little high.

With compliant CAT though? I'd say that's getting past the bolt on stage. 240 no problem with a decat.

I made 235 with RBC, unsilenced B-pipe, AEM v1, ported DC5 mani & FD2 cams. 248 swapping the DC5 mani for a japspeed decat mani. That's at TDi North rollers which are generally considered to read a little high.
Not unheard for northern cars to make stupid numbers. If you go in a way you want 240, it will magically do 240.

Sounds like bollocks to me that pal.

They're known to read high, always have done. Circa 10-15bhp high by my estimation. That's all in the calibration of the rollers. Quality of the maps is certainly questionable though. Last one I had from them (that the car sold with) was lumpy AF at part throttle. Fine at WOT though.

Sounds like bollocks to me that pal.

They're known to read high, always have done. Circa 10-15bhp high by my estimation. That's all in the calibration of the rollers. Quality of the maps is certainly questionable though. Last one I had from them (that the car sold with) was lumpy AF at part throttle. Fine at WOT though.
Just my opinion, seen plenty of barely modded cars going to various tuners up north (when I say north I don't mean tdi north but the north of the country) and make all sorts of odd figures. Get bought by southern people later and get rollered at Surry etc and make much lower then they thought. Is all over the faceballs and stuff.

News to me mate, I'd heard of discrepancies between rollers from one place to another but first time I've ever heard about a north/south divide.

It's kind of inconsequential anyway. The number is only for pub talk, the gains over previous map & quality of the map are the important thing.

Back