• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

Wow that is a good price, £30 for a 20in rim is good, I presume plus vat?

Interesting no mention of diamond cut wheels, I guess those prices are for solid colours only.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Wow that is a good price, £30 for a 20in rim is good, I presume plus vat?

Interesting no mention of diamond cut wheels, I guess those prices are for solid colours only.

Including vat.

TBH it's still dear for what is minimum wage work. I've paid as low as £15 per rim

Including vat.

TBH it's still dear for what is minimum wage work. I've paid as low as £15 per rim
Fair enough, I guess if you have taken the tyre off and then dropped the bare rim in and then a strip and single colour is pretty straight forward.

So when you give them a rim with heavy kerb rash do they just fill and sand back to the original contore?

Just be mega careful when parking. A lot's down to getting used to the car and plenty of practice as eventually
You won't kerb the car. I'm not talking down at anyone but eventually the problem will not be there. Have you tried tyres with a rim guard certainly does protect the rims.
Regards Fred.

I do miss my dipping mirrors from previous cars when I engage reverse, the rear camera is ok but no good for getting close to a curb.

We need pics!:eek:
Got some today after wash, but weather was dismal so lighting is not perfect. Colour is the same, but looks different in both pics (light?)

Before:
M6fGD5R.jpg

After:
bw1kctg.jpg

Hi guys,

Not sure if I am allowed to resurrect this! I’ve just had a quote to get my wheels repaired on an FK8 I just bought. Coming in at £120 per wheel. As these prices are a few years old now, is this normal or still expensive?
Does anyone have any recommendations in Oxfordshire?

So pleased I changed to 18" & 40 series Michelin from the start.
Almost 3 years 17.000 miles - no punctures, no damaged wheels & the tyres still have plenty of tread!

Back