• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 aftermarket rear engine mount quality

Hi guys!

After ordering the engine mount set from Mugen (only containing 3 mounts), I found 1 brand of on aftermarket rear engine mount at my local parts store, so I decided to give it a go. They assured me that it is correct for my car (even checked it by VIN code), but right after opening it up, I ran into a surprise:
The frame of the mount is plastic, opposed to the metal on the rest of the Mugen ones. It does seem to be quite durable, but I am not sure if this is correct for a K20. Also, all the holes (the ones that connect to the subframe and the long one that connects to the bracket on the engine) is one size smaller than on the front engine mount I used for reference.

Could anyone please confirm if this sounds all right, or did I somehow get the wrong part?

Thanks for the answers!

Back