• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyres and Geo.

Ok I know I know the dreaded tyre question!

I have already settled on what Tyre I want and that is going to be the Potenza RE050A .

Now I have searched and searched but I have a couple of unanswered questions just wondering if anybody could help me clear it up as I would like to order my tyres tomorrow.

I am unsure if I should go 215/45 or 215/40. Bearing in mind I will soon have a drop of 30mm provided by the Eibach Sportline springs.

Now when I do drop the car and stick the tyres on should I get my geo set up to standard or should I get some camber arms front and rear and get a different setup to standard? (any recommendations?)

Just really getting a bit confused on what to do. I use the car for work and back and the odd spirited drive to a nice viewpoint somewhere. I don't really drive the car hard very often. But saying that I will be doing a track day this year or next.

I would really like some advice tbh everyone :(

Thank you!

Damn knew I forgot something.

I am on the standard EP3 wheels. Also it is an EP3 I am talking about haha!

I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4, standard size (205 45 17) with 15mm progressive springs, camber bolts and camber arms (all Eibach) along with a geometry (FRSU) setup as to the link. Car handles very good and ride is nice and firm but not hard. I believe you have to tell your insurance company if you have different tyre sizes compared to stock but don't quote me on that.

Plenty of info on FRSU on here:

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22184-Suspension-for-beginners

Thanks man that answers my question! Didn't even come across that thread .... Old age going blind haha.

So I will get front and rear camber arms and bolts for when I lower and go with the-
1 degree neg camber all round
1mm toe in at rear
1mm toe out at front

Is that correct?

Also I am still unsure on 45 or 40 tyre..

What springs would people recommend then?

I was only going Sportline for a nice drop, but I guess the 45 profile would fill the arch better with a smaller drop?

What’s the best to go for?

I only ask so many questions as I wanna do it right and do it once without messing about!

I have currently Eibach sports springs (30-40mm lower) and 215/40/17 AD08 R's, gives the EP3 a great stance and no rubbing

I have 215/45/17 AD08r on mine at stock height. Can't help wondering if 215/40 would be better, sometimes the car can feel a little "bouncy" on uneven roads. The set up adds 4.5mm to the tyre profile compared to oem.

I have currently Eibach sports springs (30-40mm lower) and 215/40/17 AD08 R's, gives the EP3 a great stance and no rubbing

Would that be the Sportline springs?

Car looks great I saw the pic of it at Castle Coombe.

Just need to find some RE050A in 215\40\17

I have 215/45/17 AD08r on mine at stock height. Can't help wondering if 215/40 would be better, sometimes the car can feel a little "bouncy" on uneven roads. The set up adds 4.5mm to the tyre profile compared to oem.

Ahhh Ok I don't want any bouncy feeling. Just would like to get it so it sticks nicely to the road tbh!

Would that be the Sportline springs?

Car looks great I saw the pic of it at Castle Coombe.

Just need to find some RE050A in 215\40\17

Yes, my mistake the are Eibach sportline

EP1.jpg

EP3.jpg

EP4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back