• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Need a bit of advice on what to do at the end of my PCP

Fairly new on here and in terms of technology I was just going by the what ive read about the k20c engine. perhaps I need to read up a little more to gain more knowledge on Honda technology compared to whats out there. Regards Fred

Not so much engine tech, exceeds other engines like the cracking block issues of the RS. MPG also noticeably better than similar hot hatches.
TarmacNymph was on about the other tech. sub-par headunit - practically featureless. none of the electronics are useful for track use - HU should really allow the various trackday focused android apps for data logging etc. in-car gauges are passive info and don't flash/beep at you when exceed temps. Half the driving aids are erratic and inconsistent - collision avoidance gets sunblinded, Sign Recognition is untrustworthy at best.

while tech is nice, it is a luxury. only reason i have the GT version was i wanted the premium stereo system and i think all-round park sensors. Getting the GT pack ended up a no brainer.

Well i followed my head and went and got a house. I asked Honda how much they'd finance the remainder owed on the FK2 and they quoted £400+ a month... **** that.

I'll be keeping the FK2 of course but going down a personal loan route, Tesco quoted me something like £280 a month. Thank God I haven't got any kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take that payment, I've been paying 560 a month for near 4 years :( only one year left though :)

I think it does have the potential to be a sought after car in years to come as the first turbo-ed R, low numbers and many preferring the looks over the FK8. I am pleasantly surprised at how well residuals are holding up.

I think it does have the potential to be a sought after car in years to come as the first turbo-ed R, low numbers and many preferring the looks over the FK8. I am pleasantly surprised at how well residuals are holding up.

These are the reasons I also think it'll be a sought after car. I've seen some FK8s priced lower than FK2s.

I'm not too bothered about how well the FK2 holds value, but it's obviously been a nice surprise that its value has held well.

What do you lot think the lowest it'll drop to?

10k deposit 30k loan, my order total was 35k so was left with a few grand to use as a mod pot but it was a long long time before anything popped up so it slowly dwindled.

I only needed a 20-25k loan but it actually worked out better on the payments to go with a 30k loan, I could spank my savings and clear the remainder but only a year to go,
I was always going to keep the car and probably would have needed a loan at the 3 year mark anyway, so thought why not do it from the start,
The scary part for me is the knowing I've spanked that much in 5 years

These are the reasons I also think it'll be a sought after car. I've seen some FK8s priced lower than FK2s.

I'm not too bothered about how well the FK2 holds value, but it's obviously been a nice surprise that its value has held well.

What do you lot think the lowest it'll drop to?

Who knows but if demand stays high it will certainly help. The key question is as FK8 values drop will the FK2 drop accordingly or will some buyers be prepared to pay more for an older albeit rarer ( better looking, cough)model.

Was thinking this the other day, the fk8 is now starting to drop and the fk2 has settled around the 20-23k area but surely potential buyers would rather pay a few quid more for the comfier more mature rep car

10k deposit 30k loan, my order total was 35k so was left with a few grand to use as a mod pot but it was a long long time before anything popped up so it slowly dwindled.

I only needed a 20-25k loan but it actually worked out better on the payments to go with a 30k loan, I could spank my savings and clear the remainder but only a year to go,
I was always going to keep the car and probably would have needed a loan at the 3 year mark anyway, so thought why not do it from the start,
The scary part for me is the knowing I've spanked that much in 5 years

same boat but i'm chewing through £590/month iirc. was a test car for me. does new car suit me, do i fancy long term car loans, but also came with some alluring benefits like it's a proper clean car - no accidents, damage or bad history.

had a 16yo s2000 at the time. last 2-3 cars were all replaced down to age than anything else, so going new had its benefits. decided throwing £10k into mods just didn't make sense. if i were to go new, £20k really. so the two got combined into the FK2 purchase.
probably only spent £3-4k on top of that but knock off a set winter tyres, base cost of brakes, base clutch costs, it's not that much different than what i've done to any other car.

Was thinking this the other day, the fk8 is now starting to drop and the fk2 has settled around the 20-23k area but surely potential buyers would rather pay a few quid more for the comfier more mature rep car

Audi main dealer: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201901234204586

Honda main dealer (albeit a 2016 car): http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902024535535

I'll have it though, not the £15k I predicted they would reach this year.

Calling the FK8 a rep car seems a bit unfair considering it's more capable. Just because it has an extra mode on the dampers that the FK2 is missing along with IRS doesn't make it less of a car. If anything it's more of a car more of the time to a greater range of people. They've just sold more, market forces and all that.

Because it was only ever a stop gap to the FK8, so production was limited. The FK2 was more of a financial buffer for Honda to grab a few sales whilst the FK8 was still in development.

Honda main dealer (albeit a 2016 car): http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902024535535

Calling the FK8 a rep car seems a bit unfair considering it's more capable. Just because it has an extra mode on the dampers that the FK2 is missing along with IRS doesn't make it less of a car. If anything it's more of a car more of the time to a greater range of people. They've just sold more, market forces and all that.

The rep was another failed attempt at goading the fk8 owners, they don't bite since Jason left them alone,
I'll get my coat :getcoat:

Bottom end of the market to be fair both high milers. FK8 is the more rounded car no doubt but there's obviously still a lot of potential buyers who prefer the FK2 for whatever reason.

Back