• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Considering a remap

As the title suggests, im considering a re-map. Wont be until Spring so I have plenty of time to consider my options. The main thing is, can i have a re-map on a totally standard engine? I dont want to replace my exhaust or filter as both are near brand new and i like the silence it offers in town and the note when it opens up - extra decibels is an absolute no-go zone as far as i'm conserned!

So if i can do it, who is best to go to? I'm based near Grimsby on the east coast so i don't want to be travelling hundreds of miles or to the otherside of the country for example. How much would i be looking at and what realistic gains should i expect of BHP and torque?

Yes, you can. Ecutek or Flashpro. I had Flashpro and got an e-tune from the comfort of my own home. Around £160 for the tune. You can get a second hand Flashpro for £350 ish. Vtec lowered to where you want, usually 4k rpm and limiter up to 8,600 rpm. Probably 210 bhp tops but an extra 25 in the mid range.

Thanks for the reply. Is there anywhere i could get it done profesionally with a rolling road read out?

They only map the K100 as I don't think they're an official Hondata dealer. Best to give Chris a ring and ask him to clarify though.

They only map the K100 as I don't think they're an official Hondata dealer. Best to give Chris a ring and ask him to clarify though.
You're best bet for efi would be a postal service to cpl with their reflash map (which isn't good) on your ecu and then drive to efi and get them to map it. Unless they can offer a similar alternative for you.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Crikey, i remember the good old easy days when you could just go to Well Lane Turbo, get a rolling road read out, then re-map and then a new rr read out all within an hour or so and about the same time to drive there! This all sounds too complicated and fussy. Thanks for the advice, i'll keep it as standard i reckon!

Yeah, probably but never had trouble in the past. But doing x, y and z through the post, mapped at one place the other side of the country and then having to rolling road it elsewhere is just ridiculous for a few bhp extra. Standard makes far more sense. We're talking Honda Civics here, not one off Paganis! Surely there should be an off the shelf remap for such a common car that does the job that can be fitted and RRd in one sitting without driving to the other side of the country?

Yeah, probably but never had trouble in the past. But doing x, y and z through the post, mapped at one place the other side of the country and then having to rolling road it elsewhere is just ridiculous for a few bhp extra. Standard makes far more sense. We're talking Honda Civics here, not one off Paganis! Surely there should be an off the shelf remap for such a common car that does the job that can be fitted and RRd in one sitting without driving to the other side of the country?
Their ecu isn't mappable unfortunately so you need to connect a daughter board to the ecu so it knows where to read the map file. These boards are expensive and the only option and require soldering into the ecu, so not many people actually install them. Once you've got the board there's a selection of tuners who can do it for you with a rolling road.

Being n/a, a generic map just won't show the gains of a turbo charged counter part. My tdi a3 went from 105bhp to 140 with a £40 map. It's not the best map in the world, but does the job. My civic spent 2 hours being mapped with basic bolt ons and went from 200 to 235bhp and cost 700 just for ecu and mapping.

If you're after cheap power then n/a isn't for you!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Back