• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Only 4 seats?

So frustrated... I've had a red H shaped itch which has needed scratching for many, many years (since I drove my dads mates imported Integra), so having got over the initial looks thing I'd managed to get a bit obsessed by these cars. I've read every post on here, read all the reviews and watched all the videos. I'd absolutely made my mind up to buy one as soon as I can sell my current car.... then I noticed it only has 2 seat belts in the back. I never even thought to check this - why would Honda explicitly take a seat belt from what is a 3 seat just for this model. It's a 5 door hatchback, with 4 seats!... It just seems madness.

I now have a tough choice between a Type R, the wife or one of the kids.... something has to give.
Not happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was the Spartans that exiled their children from age 7 to train to become warriors or something... just saying that’s a possibility

(probably recalling this from a film or something and is probably not even remotely true)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its madness to. I forgot at Xmas and being designated driver and very safety conscious passengers, we had to stretch the two belts over the middle passenger into the opposite seat belt receiver thingy

The US and other markets have the cup holders in the middle so why they didn't do that for all markets is beyond me....

I suppose Honda thought he couldn't see this being many peoples family car....but again madness.

Type R's have always been 4 seaters, the NSX Type R being the exception.

I get the history and all that....but Type r's never used to have turbos....or Lane Departure warning, adaptive cruises (you get my point)…but its moved with the times..!

:D ha hows that being a snowflake! having all the safety features is - all we wanna do is strap little johnny in the middle so he doesn't fly through the window

just stick the kids in the boot. there's room for a couple and sure you can secure them down with the cargo net anchor points. I got the boot liner insert to help keep the muck from shoes from soiling the nice interior. after all the back seats should be folded down to hear that roaring exhaust :lol:

I cant stick em in the boot, that's crazy talk - they wont fit in there with that hitch hiker I have tied up already in there.

Ha I literally have my back seats down now as much as poss for that very small increase in zorst sound - missus asks why they are like that I say I have gone to the dump again.

Just point them to the nearest bus stop and tell them you'll meet them there,
Kids and women in cars are distracting, no respect for dashboards, bolsters, paint work, can't get out of buckets without grabbing anything in sight, constantly nag nag nag "going to fast" "slow down for this bend" "you're making me feel sick" do my fecking head in

I'm still not happy, I'd set my heart on an 'R. I'm going to write to all the magazines who are heralding it as the best hot-hatch money can buy - it's not a hatch-back, it's a coupe!

I'm still not happy, I'd set my heart on an 'R. I'm going to write to all the magazines who are heralding it as the best hot-hatch money can buy - it's not a hatch-back, it's a coupe!

all joking aside that's a real shame mate. I wonder, and its a freaking big wonder, can dealers fit lap belts???

Must be troll? Seriously, get over it man. Just because it's a 5 door, doesn't mean it will have to have 5 seats. And from that comment you obviously don't know the meaning of "Hatch" :rolleyes:

Must be troll? Seriously, get over it man. Just because it's a 5 door, doesn't mean it will have to have 5 seats. And from that comment you obviously don't know the meaning of "Hatch" :rolleyes:

behave mate, its a civic, the size of an old accord,... why the hell wouldn't you presume it would have 3 seat belts in the back? And he was clearly joking about the coupe comment

People need to be more understanding... the man clearly had his heart set on a type r!!!!

Back