• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Only 4 seats?

behave mate, its a civic, the size of an old accord,... why the hell wouldn't you presume it would have 3 seat belts in the back? And he was clearly joking about the coupe comment

People need to be more understanding... the man clearly had his heart set on a type r!!!!

Because, if you know anything about the TypeR brand, then you would know they’re not a five seat car. Simple as that. This fcuking snowflake is crying because he can’t fit his spawn in the back seat. Solution? Go buy a fcuking VW Transporter and stop blubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok mate thanks for your input. I see you've got a sh1t load of posts so will respect my elders but this is a forum on the fk8, not everyone is an expert on the Type r brand, we do get new people so he has come here to start a conversation learn a bit more why and know he knows why

F'kin transporter...

My last car was a Jag XKR, not very practical for rear seat passengers. In fact, it was hopeless, but I loved it and was the car I always wanted. I couldn’t afford an AM DB7! Fast forward a few years and I became a grandad, so, a four/five door car was required. Having trolled around various dealerships, and also having driven a FK and dismissed it as it only had four seats, I ordered a SUV, we won’t go into what. However, I was let down by the dealership so I binned it.
Now, my son has an Audi A4 estate, which was great for the four of us plus baby, but when baby went to a kiddie seat when he got older, there wasn’t enough room for two adults in the back, so we started using two cars for family days out. With this in mind, I thought “We don’t need five seats”, so I went and bought my FK8, great for me, the missus and baby, also in a colour matched Recaro!

Trev

Thanks for the various comments.. no I'm not trolling (although the coupe v hatch was a bit tongue in cheek). I am genuinely surprised that a hatchback would lose a seat belt for no obvious reason.. surely nobody buys a car because it has 4 seats, so why take it out? I was aware the old Integra TypeR was only 4 seats but I assumed they were going for the coupe market. I hadn't realised that every Civic since has removed its middle belt... maybe it's a weight saving thing.

I've got a big car now which holds plenty of children in comfort and can shift them along at fair pace when required, but I was hankering after a raw, light, manual racer, which can still get the kids to school. I thought I'd found the answer but was thwarted, hence my genuine disappointment. I've had a couple of golf R's in the past - an excellent car but not quite what I want now. I don't fancy a Focus RS, but it is an option... maybe a 2nd hand M3 is the answer.

I'm actually thinking of the Golf R next :-$ but the small boot space would be a compromise :-k

Of course I could get the Golf R Estate to help with that problem but I saw a White one the other day & it was like a chest freezer on wheels :lol:

Going back to the 4 seat thing & this is just a guess but I'd say it's probably down to weight distribution or the load rating on the low profile tyres etc,etc :p

Anyway whatever you decide on then all the very best :smt023

Regards,Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello FaNtheMaN,
Unsurprisingly, I have a 1999 Accord Type R and a newly acquired 2019 FK8 (non-GT).

Poor little ATR getting overlooked as usual :(

Will introduce myself in the correct thread shortly.

Mark (Saturn)

Back