• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Front Splitter and parking

Hi everyone, Recently I went to a function in my pristine fk2 and wanted to park away from the centre of the car park to avoid being sidewinded (someone who parks next to you too close and opens their door into yours).So I parked at the perimeter where there was more room which was surrounded by large old oblong stones.Anyway I pulled up and looked how much room there was between my fk2 and the large stone so I moved forward a little.When I got out to my amazement I'd misjudged it and my splitter was just , only just over it.I thought surely the bottom of my splitter had cought on it but I didn't hear any scraping noise when I moved forward, however when I checked it was only just clear.Not only that just a bit further back is a square black plastic strip that goes right across the car behind the splitter, luckily again it was about 1 inch further back from the edge of the perimeter stone.How lucky I was and gave a sigh of relief.
I just wonder how many fellow fk2 members have had a similar experience?
Technology moving forward, why can't there be say a couple of parking sensors that will pick up high kerb stones that are level or just below the splitter, this would save a lot of not only fk2 owners but all owners of cars sustaining damage to their cars as the current sensors do not.
Regards Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya do it one, you wont do it again :p
Its now second nature to look for kerbs and know when i'm close now.
still sometimes catch it over speed bumps. usually start of winter when i swap to winter tyres as they runs slightly lower ride hight than my summer setup, so easier to catch.

Back