• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double din for the ep3?

I'm looking at putting a double din in my Ep3, but I need to ask a couple of questions for those with a bit more knowledge of the subject.

Are all double dins a standard size? Basically, how do I find out which ones are compatible with my car?
Are they plug and play or will I need something other than just the head unit?
Recommendations? Been looking at Sony or Pioneer.
Thanks.

You can't really go wrong with Pioneer or Sony, which model you get will depend on what features you want. Do you want to connect your phone for music and hands free, apple car play or android. Do you want to watch movies, do you want a connection for a sub woofer?

You'll also need a double din fascia plate if you haven't got one.

Cheers both. I'd like one with a CD slot, not bothered about movies etc. Dab, CD slot, better sound and Bluetooth for phone would be nice. There's a Sony wx-900bt going secondhand locally, might suit my needs

You'll also need a double din fascia plate if you haven't got one.

Exactly. A double DIN fascia is required, but there are only available for the automatic climate control dashes. Should you have a manual AC car, you will need to modify either the factory fascia, or buy a double DIN, and modify that one.

Right, the adapter kit is on it's way and I've decided to get a new double din. I'm looking for Bluetooth, aux, CD and hopefully dab for around a ton or less. I've seen a JVC and a Sony that would fit in that criteria but has anyone seen any deals on lately?

Back