• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Thoughts on Nanolex (Detailing)

Pretty much what it says on the title, what are peoples thoughts on Nanolex coatings? anyone had it done. I'm thinking about going here and getting the 'Premier New Car Detail' package.

I saw there was an old thread but thought it would be worth re-visiting ;)

never heard of this, but then again not up to speed on the various ceramic coating options out there...

That ship has sailed for me. I know I could get a paint correction then a coating, but don't think I will. I do wish I had done my wheels though, the salt and molten brake missiles have taken their toll. Sealants, and I have tried so many, don't cut it.

Good luck though if you do it..!

No i've not got much idea myself, been driving around in company lease cars for years so I usually don't care much. But thought since i've got something i actually like now, might be worth actually caring for it a bit.

We'll see though as I have a feeling the costs relating to things like this might escalate quickly ;)

never heard of this, but then again not up to speed on the various ceramic coating options out there...

That ship has sailed for me. I know I could get a paint correction then a coating, but don't think I will. I do wish I had done my wheels though, the salt and molten brake missiles have taken their toll. Sealants, and I have tried so many, don't cut it.

Good luck though if you do it..!

I have mine booked in tomorrow for the wheels and calipers to be done in Ceramic Pro... will be interesting to see how much difference it actually makes.

It will still stick to it, but apparently it's less effort to get rid of the grime

More importantly it will keep them looking much brighter for longer.

What sort of price is a decent ceramic coating?

I am paying £260 for wheels and calipers. (I will post results and phots at some point.) I dont think the appearance will differ much right now as the car is new but as said before, because the brake dust will cling less, cleaning will be much easier and hopefully the 'new look' will last a lot longer. If you are feeling really flush you could shell out up to £1700 for all the car -inside and out - with a lifetime warranty.:eek:

£1700?? No need, I got Autoglym Lifeshine with the car for £400....absolute bargain for 3 weeks protection I think you'll agree :lol:

I really wish id done mine now that price is great...

Gtechniq crystal serum light about £70 and apply yourself, it's a bit fiddly but follow the right procedure and it's not too difficult.

Ceramic coating the alloys will make them easier to clean but it won't stop brake dust and iron eating their way in,
You can't use your usual run of the mill iron X or alloy cleaners because anything non PH neutral will just gradually remove the ceramic protection each time

Back