• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

So, decided on fitting a new condenser myself after trying the relay “fix” with no success and getting quotes of around £300-£400 for a replacement fitted. Not sure if it is the condenser that’s my problem, will find out today but here’s some pics of the work and it only cost me about £80 (then a regass) so I figure it’s worth a shot. If anyone wants some more detail about the tricky bits let me know - I did a lot of internet researching and there were things I came across that I'd never read/seen about!

cfe36d7b5e55c4c70f6a6a963f33186f.jpg
51c3ad9d6e1c7fcd124d711e0f7b9868.jpg
e99b4262d9e63549ffad161da57a7901.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, yeah looks gorgeous when clean - has that shimmer like an EP3 nighthawk black

Yeah I bet it does, I had a similar colour as a young 18 years old with my 206 GTI (Then I saw sense and realised French cars are poo) China Blue it was called. Funny you should mention NHB, as that's what my Prem is :)

So, after much deliberation, trying braided lines, pbs pads, still struggling on track, looking at brembo options etc I’ve decided to take the plunge on these (with their Black Friday deal).

I’m hoping to get them fitted before my next track day at Donny (14th Dec), so will feedback on how they are but hoping for good things (J hook grooves though)!

dea1d80f221b979186653000f806b697.jpg

They’ve arrived. Fitting next week at Honda HQ along with spark plug change. Then first track test at Donnington on 18th Feb.

5bf39829f9b032ace24e0b557b886798.jpg

;) I knew I'd be cussing myself if i'd got anything less. Once the moneys out of the account its forgotten about isn't it...as long as the misses never finds out! I did try with PBS pads, freakyparts, braided, ebc.....but in the end nothing is good enough.

Finally fitted!! Next track day in about a months time so will report back then.

8bca53dfed09b04e9ddfb4babc55080a.jpg

Well, APs performed excellently! Could handle the car on the brakes if that makes sense?

Still slow though aren’t they these cars...in the dry it’s a constant ‘pull over’. HOWEVER, in the wet the car is immense and nobody comes past whatever the machinery, it’s me that does the overtaking

d965c1f55670f8ec01bf50dddc71dc9e.jpg

It must be the LSD.

Never tried that stuff myself, had a go at wacky backy once though.

Good looking motor, love the colour.

glad to see the brake kit is appreciated because i went for the same kit (didn't mount it yet), but with some extra options like the floating kit, rs29 pads and curved vanes. what pads did you choose?

i don't know what michelin you have on the car but i think you should go with semislicks for track now that you have the brakes to handle them :)
some ad048r should be good enough for track and street or even cheaper federal rsr or nankang ns2r

if you find pads suitable for the caliper put them here, i have slight issues finding some other ceramic pads for the street, even though Martin said i could use the rs29 on the street also.

I had ferodo ds2500’s. I know there is better out there but for the power I have at the moment they are spot on.

Handling wise I honestly don’t need anything better... tyres are good.

it’s power I need now.

Booked in for a Piper Manifold and sports cat from ABP next month because my OEM cat is falling apart and the join between it and the Miltek is almost worn out. I can't find much about the Piper system and I know about the concerns come MOT time but given the OEM is like £2k, it seems to be the only option for me. Even Paul from TDi said its not the best but I'm hoping he's exaggerating?? Anyone got any thoughts - really I just want a "it'll be OK, maybe not as good as complete decat, but its OK"....too much??? ;)

Back