• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

April is what dealers and Honda were saying at the time.

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?68782-LSD-s-for-all-FN2-s

Good news that you've got one, could be aftermarket though! ;)

I did think that was a possibility but I also thought that it had already had some fettling from previous owner because of how it handled and it had nothing - ie no suspension, no FRSU etc etc, can't imagine they'd go for an LSD if they hadn't done anything else you know?

I have 2 mates that work as Honda Salesman.....i asked them and they said "er no it was just the championship white that had the LSD".....oh dear!! Don't worry I told them otherwise!! :)

About a week into having the recent mods fitted. What can I say, ABP have totally transformed the car -
Handling - eibach 15mm + Whiteline rear ARB + new front shocks + FRSU = handles flat, I don't notice it being that much comfier but then I never really complained at the harshness before hand. Its literally that good that I can't focus fast enough to go any quicker (obviously not on public road - on test track facility). May be the fact I can push it more now I learnt it has an LSD though.
Braking - goodridge hoses + race fluid + redstuff pads all round + new rear discs = perfect, took a while to get used to as in much less distance to stop. No squealing. I read on here or on Civinfo about stainless lines not making a difference but its something I always do to all of my cars and it certainly makes the pedal "feel" stronger to me. Could of course be due to the overall upgrades in the braking area though?
I now have a few cosmetic things to do (eg badges all round need refresh, wheels need refurb), then an ICE upgrade at some point.

First official track day planned for weds 27th Feb at Donny so we'll see how it goes then for direct comparison Vs my old EP3.

So, after the first track day for her I can safely say handling is absolutely spot on with what little I’ve done to her. Brakes was definitely the weak point though - probably could do about 4 laps before I noticed a big difference/fade with the red stuffs. So some sort of brake upgrade has to go on the list to make it a great all rounder. Had such a great day for £99, lsd was amazing!
c60c8f34a5c9db2cc631ecc63af43b8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, after the first track day for her I can safely say handling is absolutely spot on with what little I’ve done to her. Brakes was definitely the weak point though - probably could do about 4 laps before I noticed a big difference/fade with the red stuffs. So some sort of brake upgrade has to go on the list to make it a great all rounder. Had such a great day for £99, lsd was amazing!
c60c8f34a5c9db2cc631ecc63af43b8a.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it. As a cheap option you could try some better pad compounds. Pbs are priced reasonably and give great results. I found they outlasted the ds2500 massively and the hotter they got the better they worked.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Tony
Don't suppose you are located anywhere near Sussex, would like to see this in the flesh.

Hi Wilmo, no sorry, midlands based! Perhaps be at Japfest at Donnington (at least I think its there?), later in the year though.

Won't be there but I'll be at Simply Japanese at Beaulieu in July in the TRO parking area.

Hi Wilmo, no sorry, midlands based! Perhaps be at Japfest at Donnington (at least I think its there?), later in the year though.

Midlands as in Cannock by any chance? Saw a blue '10 plate today in a work car park, is it possible we work for the same company (hint: big yellow things)?

Well after a couple of unsuccessful track days with the redstuffs (that lasted about a lap!), I've decided upgrading pads isnt going to cut it and have purchased the BBK from freakyparts! Will let you know how it goes once fitted. I've also had enough of the loud miltek non resonated so I've got a resonator section going in in a couple of weeks to slightly dampen the sound enough for my old ears. Also bought some eibach step 4's, 15mm all round from ABP to enable the BBK to fit!

Well after a couple of unsuccessful track days with the redstuffs (that lasted about a lap!), I've decided upgrading pads isnt going to cut it and have purchased the BBK from freakyparts! Will let you know how it goes once fitted. I've also had enough of the loud miltek non resonated so I've got a resonator section going in in a couple of weeks to slightly dampen the sound enough for my old ears. Also bought some eibach step 4's, 15mm all round from ABP to enable the BBK to fit!
Will be interested to hear how the exhaust sounds with the silencer. Looking at getting one fitted to my non res too!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Will let you know - I just bought a 9" resonator section and getting Mr Tyre to fit it! Not excited about it really but its the only option.

Well after a couple of unsuccessful track days with the redstuffs (that lasted about a lap!), I've decided upgrading pads isnt going to cut it and have purchased the BBK from freakyparts! Will let you know how it goes once fitted.

Will also be interesting to know if you'll need spacers on the OEM rims.

Did you go the kit with discs, or the stand-alone on the regular discs?

Will also be interesting to know if you'll need spacers on the OEM rims.

Did you go the kit with discs, or the stand-alone on the regular discs?

Kit with discs and was told I def need at least 15mm spacers

So....still not got the BBK source due to some "stock issues". Went with PBS pads, fitted 15mm spacers all round, had valve clearances, gearbox & clutch oil change by Honda HQ in Cannock (wow those boys are good!!).

Also paid £100 to get the dinks out of 3 panels and had a service at Honda dealer (so I can claim for roof rust next year ;) ).

For the track the PBS are better than redstuff but still the weak point on the car...get about 3 laps done and they are shot. Def need a BBK (or spoon??). Interested in other people's advice re braking upgrades for tracking.

Back