• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

it cannot be worse than stock, i think for sure the engine will breath more easily, at least from the difference between the cats, where oem is a 400 cell and the sport one is a 200.

Booked in for a Piper Manifold and sports cat from ABP next month because my OEM cat is falling apart and the join between it and the Miltek is almost worn out. I can't find much about the Piper system and I know about the concerns come MOT time but given the OEM is like £2k, it seems to be the only option for me. Even Paul from TDi said its not the best but I'm hoping he's exaggerating?? Anyone got any thoughts - really I just want a "it'll be OK, maybe not as good as complete decat, but its OK"....too much??? ;)

Piper are better than Japspeed, and I've a Japspeed 200 cel on mine, which cost £114. Been perfect for nearly 2 years and passed 2 MOTs :D

I was similar to you, my stock cat looked like it'd been salvaged from the titanic, and was naturally welded to the mid pipe. So what started out as a simple back box swap, turned in a 200 cel sports cat, non res mid pipe and Scorpion back box :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Piper are better than Japspeed, and I've a Japspeed 200 cel on mine, which cost £114. Been perfect for nearly 2 years and passed 2 MOTs :D

I was similar to you, my stock cat looked like it'd been salvaged from the titanic, and was naturally welded to the mid pipe. So what started out as a simple back box swap, turned in a 200 cel sports cat, non res mid pipe and Scorpion back box :lol:

Thanks matey, much appreciated

3ff76ea8a4b6fbeb4f917cc5935d9ec4.jpg

These bits being fitted today....can people guess where at by their parts wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, after fitting, I am pleased to say not really any louder (which I am surprised at). Also no warning light (as of yet). There is just a little bit of a lower growl but it’s absolutely fine and will for sure keep me in the dB limits of tracks.

Next...remap from TPWengineering, booked in 26th March if we are still driving around the country by then....FFS....

Congrats Right first time.

I've not been there so was a total guess, though the Whilteline(?) anti-roll bar gave me a clue.
When I had an fn2 the previous owner had spent a small fortune at ABP, they seem to know their stuff with these cars.

Where are ABP?

They are in Crewe (not too far from Stoke on Trent). Poor website but great knowledge - they used to be the only place to go for EP3's/FN2's years ago but now they've moved on to Porsche's and stuff. They aren't cheap but they are good / quality fitters.

HONDA HQ are very good though and great value - they are in Cannock. I would normally go to them but ABP sorted something related out for me (As that's where i had the exhaust fitted originally).

Back