• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 White smoke and misfire after IACV cleaning

Unfortunately I don't have a more advanced OBD II reader, but I'll try to find one in my area from a fellow civic owner.

The new O2 sensor is an aftermarket one, it was fine before, but if it was faulty it would only start to run rich after it has warmed up (since when it's cold it is in open-loop), however, my car starts to spit fuel out the exhaust as soon as I start it up.

I'm gonna try and unplug each sensor one by one, and see if anything changes.

I went over all the connections on the TB, removing them one by one didn't make any difference.

I have no idea what could be the problem anymore. If I find no other option, I am gonna tow it to a local mechanic, since my local Honda shop is not available for like 3 weeks and see, if he can come up with anything.

Have you tried pulling the connections on each coil pack (or even just pulling the pack itself from the plug)? If one (or more) of them makes no difference to the idle there's a possibility.

Back