• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 speaker upgrade recommendations

Changed my head unit and want to upgrade the front speakers to start with. Any speaker recommendations from anyone who has done this?

There's loads of options. How much are you looking to spend?

The issue with the EP3 is that there's next to no sound deadening in the doors, so decent kit is a bit of a waste unless you sort that and get a nice amp to power the speakers with.

I've noticed on a couple of threads I've looked at that people mentioned sound deadening and put some flash tape under the door card. Not sure what the RMS output is on oem speakers? Don't want to spend more than. £40

OK cheers. The Sony head unit has already improved things, I'm not looking for an expensive set up, so something that is a bit better/fresher will be fine. Speakers can buzz with the bass when turned up bit so will look to change them.

There are quite a few options under £40 on ebay with the adapter rings included,
although if you are handy with a bit of MDF it cheapens things more.

I had alpine type R components in my front doors with an alpine amp. As said above the doors have no sound deadening so stick loads of dynamat to the doors to help with this

Hi, any idea on which 5.25 speakers are a direct fit as in removing stock and fitting straight in I have seen some jvc ones on ebay not sure if they will fit straight in as my stock ones are completely knackered thanks.

Back