• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Oil usage

Good Morning

my fk8 seems to be using quite abit of oil this might be normal but thought i would check it had a service in september and had to fill it end of December
the oil light has just come on but has just gone off.

if any one can shed any light that would be great

Thanks

How much is "quite a bit", how do you drive it (on a scale of like it's owned by your girlsfriend's father and he's sat next to you through to like Tarmac Nymph)?

Others here find theirs doesn't seem to drink too much from what I've been reading.

Don't 'think' mines used any in 7800 miles (but hard to tell with joke dipstick)! Mine has been redlined a couple times (after 2k running in) and has been autobahn speeds of 130mph for a couple of hours plus a few nice drives up A93 and back :) So about normal for a hot hatch (although no track use yet). It sees 6000 rpm often I'd say but normally not much more.

Mine has been driven hard since day 500 miles, now on 5k, used about a litre in 4K mileage.

The oil light has gone off now checked dip stick which looks normal! maybe just had a funny 5 min? its driven steady most of the week then at a weekend like to have a play :lol:

1litre (assuming dealer filled to max mark) in 3months is high. not seen anyone mention that usage on forums.
9k/yr inc a few trackdays and i dont need to fill my k20c1.

Had a FK2 for 6 months / 6k and at most put around 0.25l of oil in it, had the FK8 13k 15 months now and not even put 0.5l in it. However as you can see this car is a daily so rarely see high revs etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back