• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 front fog lights

My FN2 has a shattered lens on drivers side front fog light. Do i have to buy a complete new light assembly or can you buy a new piece of glass to replace the broken one? The manual states that just one bolt holds the light in place and doesn't mention removing the bumper to install, unless I've misread it.

Need to know because MOT is due in March.

Mark

Think the bumper needs to come off, quite a bit of stuff behind that needs dealing with. Easy enough. Here's when I fitted fog scoops.

Attachments

• PhotoPictureResizer_190205_083727759-2656x1494.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_190205_083727759-2656x1494.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 17
Ta Flashy. I was hoping that it didn't have to come off as that's more chuffin labour costs, just to replace a light. Roll on early Springtime and a nice dry, sunny weekend.

If you're confident enough to do it, it's a 10 min job to get the bumper off. Just a case of unplugging and swapping the fog light over.

Like Flashy says, it is easy enough to get the bumper off, there are some "how to's" on the forum.
When you replace it invest in a set of fog light covers and you should never have to do it again.

You might have to take the bumper off but depends if you have the holes underneath, most have the holes, just undo the bolt and it pops out.

Back