• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Rallye Red paint

Is there a danger of this fading over time? I'm tempted to go for a FK8 with this colour but after my Milano EP3 turning pinkish over the years (even being garaged and waxed etc) I'm reluctant to do so unless Honda has made a vast improvement to it's UV properties.

Any thoughts?

Cheers :D

Paint tech has moved on some since the EP3 days of Chalky Milano, but you're probably better looking at a special coating if you went for red. Ceramic coating seems to be the best right now from what I know.

Is there a danger of this fading over time? I'm tempted to go for a FK8 with this colour but after my Milano EP3 turning pinkish over the years (even being garaged and waxed etc) I'm reluctant to do so unless Honda has made a vast improvement to it's UV properties.

Any thoughts?

Cheers :D

easiest way to prevent it going pink is get a championship white one! No swirls, scratches unless you get reaaally close, plus contrasts with the red and black...

But yea, get the ceramic coating on it if you do make the wrong choice still

easiest way to prevent it going pink is get a championship white one! No swirls, scratches unless you get reaaally close, plus contrasts with the red and black...

But yea, get the ceramic coating on it if you do make the wrong choice still
I used to like CW until I saw a few on bad weather and did not like that. The muddy water splashed around the body was quite visible. A pity since when spotless clean the CW effect is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines horrendous, rear alloys are disgustingly filthy, the only good thing about it is you can see the flow of aerodynamics in dirt,
It's impossible and pointless in this weather to keep a car clean on a weekly basis, although it does make it easier to spot the drive through car wash owners

Drive through car wash....? I shudder to think the damage those things do. Have heard a few stories about the paint though. Is it really that much softer than say BMW? Both my BMW and Mini suffered fairly little from chips etc considering.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very soft paint and basically one coat, also non matching panels has been known

Very true - My Milano overtime had non matching panels. The doors, roof, bonnet and tailgate was one shade but the rear quarter panels were near perfect. The bumpers and skirts were of course different too but I read somewhere that's to be expected. Annoying thing is because it's a tricoat paint it can't be machined out or something like that.....

Back