• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Updating 'The Cars' section

Fair comment and I'm sure it's been mentioned before.

I'll make enquires with the web guru.

I honestly think it's one of the best looking cars available. Certainly not fugly, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It’s possibly one of the worst designed cars in the history of cars. It looks cheap, tacky and nasty, with all the silly little bits stuck all over it, the arches especially.
It shouldn’t wear a Red H at all. It has none of the ethos of the original Type R brand, which was small, lightweight hatches with a high revving NA engine.
It’s yet more proof that car manufacturers have lost touch with their market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's moved on with the times to keep up with other manufacturers and has worked given all the times and records broken. Even though most people that review it aren't taken by the looks, they still rave about the car.
I'm glad Honda brought this car out and think it should wear the red H, personally. Otherwise I wouldn't have got one :lol:

It does seem strange that it's not included, i mean it's not like it's just come out. And looks shouldn't come into it. It's a Type R, unlike the S2000 which was never a Type R yet gets an inclusion. Very odd.

It’s probably down to the fact there’s not a team of paid web designers updating this place every time there’s a new release.

It’s probably down to the fact there’s not a team of paid web designers updating this place every time there’s a new release.

Indeed. I've asked the question, and it would be goodwill and spare time that will facilitate any change.

I have enjoyed this forum over the years and found many posts very helpful. However, unfortunately it feels like this forum and ‘club’ has almost become somewhat semi-retired.

There seem to be fewer and fewer posts and activity. Is there anything that can be done to drive activity back to the site, or where support can be given? I would happily Lend support!!!

It seems that a lot (including myself) are using the likes of Facebook car Groups and Instagram, as it is more accessible and has up to date content.

Perhaps a TRO Instagram page would be a great way to get new members to the forum?

It is a shame as I this really is a great forum, and although I have not posted heavily over the years. I am proud to be a member of TRO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Facebook groups and the like don't have up to date content, just up to date drivel. TRO has a Facebook page and although it's got marginally better recently, it is full of people posting the same thing over and over again or asking dumb AF questions.

Whereas if they just joined the forum they'd find that everything they need is already here. The only reason FB and Instagram get bigger figures is because the general populace is lazy. No one wants to research any more. They just want answers to the questions that were answered five days ago answered in a quickly accessible chat that then invariably gets lost in the chasm of the internet.

I agree on the drivel part for sure, and there are so many repetitive posts on the Facebook pages, I am not sure how many times people need to ask what oil or tyres for the EP3.

My comment wasn’t to compare or suggest that Facebook groups are better. The content and knowledge that is stored in old posts on here outweighs anything that is in the many opinionated replies on FB.

I was just pointing out that the forum seems a little stagnant to me. Which is a shame! This is why I made a point of Instagram, it has minimal chat and comments but through members actively posting pictures of their cars on there, and then drive users to the forum for technical and knowledge sharing.

My intention was not to cast any shade on TRO but just as someone who enjoys it that would like to see some more activity back on here. :)

Back