• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Mounting depth for front and rear speakers?

Hey, I'm looking at putting 5.25 inch components into the front, and 6 inch in the rear using adapter plates. I was thinking of getting Infinity Kappas in the front, but they look quite deep. I believe the mounting depth is 2 3/16 inches, I was wondering if I'll have enough clearance?

And will it cause any other problems, such as the window hitting the back of the magnet when it goes down?

As for the tweeters, I think I can buy Honda tweeter panels? Does anyone know the size of hole that'll fit into these? Would the Infinity tweeters go straight in?

And lastly, the back speakers are an unusual size. I'd prefer to get 6.5 inch speakers, as there's tons more choice. Will 6.5 inch go in there? I don't have access to a workshop so can't be cutting MDF to fit. And again, what depth can I get in there? Is there plenty of clearance?

Any advice here would be appreciated, thanks.

I think I read somewhere that the fronts are OK up to 80mm depth. I'll see if I can find where I read that.

Hey, yeah I've seen that one, but it's 80mm with a spaker, so 62mm without. But another place I saw said that it's less than that. I might have to take the speakers out and check just to be sure, don't really want to order in speakers that don't fit.

Ok I've ordered some adapters from ebay, apparently they will allow me to fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front.

Has anyone here done this? I'm a bit unsure until I see them, don't want to order speakers until I'm certain they'll fit.

Hey, yeah I've seen that one, but it's 80mm with a spaker, so 62mm without. But another place I saw said that it's less than that. I might have to take the speakers out and check just to be sure, don't really want to order in speakers that don't fit.

Yeah I've taken the back speaker out, there's tons of clearance. The hole isn't too big though, I'm looking for a spacer that'll allow me to fit 6.5 inches as it gives me tons more choice of speakers.

Bought a spacer adapter for the front, looks like there's a ton of clearance. Checked behind the speaker, only thing I could see would be the window when fully wound down.

What made you chose the speakers you are going for? I've been looking into getting some but can't decide.

What made you chose the speakers you are going for? I've been looking into getting some but can't decide.

I haven't chosen them yet. But found some brand new in box infinity components on facebook, might get them as they're cheap and have decent reviews.

Back