• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone put FK2 Wheels on the FK8?

As per the title, has anyone gone for this option?
Instead of aftermarket wheels? How do they look?

Last edited by a moderator:
What to run winter tyres or just to have cheaper tyres in general and better pot hole protection? They would look too small in my opinion but then again some 18's with fatter tyres have looked ok.

I was tempted by the wheel spacers as some chap in the USA has them and looks great, but was put off by the extra stone chips Potential and I ain't getting mud flaps!!! Some widths require your lugs grinding down as well

FK2 Wheels on my FK8

Pic1.jpgpic 2.jpg

Hi, Well i decided to put my FK2 alloys onto the FK8, with SP4 tyres 245 35's. Ride quality a bit better for sure, handling still all fine not noticed any real differences in how hard I can go in and pull out of a corner. No way am I going down to 18's that is just too small, but the 19's look fine, and I have a far better choice of tyres now....

had an i30N for 8 months prior to moving back to Honda, and I can tell you the I30N ride is far worse, than even having the standard wheels on the FK8. I30N's comfort setting is worse than sport mode, and just not as harsh as "R", put the I30 in N mode and you get bounced all over the place, plus the seats are far harder in the I30. So to move to this is far better.

they look fine, better than I expected

How does the I30N compare speed wise? Is the Fk8 noticeably quicker? Loads of journalist love for that thing...I wish we had the exhaust but that's about it

View attachment 19519View attachment 19520

Hi, Well i decided to put my FK2 alloys onto the FK8, with SP4 tyres 245 35's. Ride quality a bit better for sure, handling still all fine not noticed any real differences in how hard I can go in and pull out of a corner. No way am I going down to 18's that is just too small, but the 19's look fine, and I have a far better choice of tyres now....

They look good, better than I expected actually. Thanks for the comments and pictures!
Just checked the sizes, 245 35/R19 is same size rolling radius & width as the 245 30/R20 tyres but an increase of 17% on the sidewall.

Last edited by a moderator:
they look fine, better than I expected

How does the I30N compare speed wise? Is the Fk8 noticeably quicker? Loads of journalist love for that thing...I wish we had the exhaust but that's about it

There is no comparison the I30N just cant keep up, really its unfair that everyone compares the I30N to a Golf R or a CTR. The exhaust I really miss that, and also I miss the ability to change all the car setup to what I want and not just 3 modes.

The big thing I have noticed though is if you are not careful in the I30 and try to pull off too hard you just get massive wheel hop and go nowhere, the CTR does not suffer anywhere near as much.

They look good, better than I expected actually. Thanks for the comments and pictures!
Just checked the sizes, 245 35/R19 is same size rolling radius & width as the 245 30/R20 tyres but an increase of 17% on the sidewall.

Yep the side wall is bigger, so a bit more protection and a smoother ride. Good news also is the FK2 is an ET60 wheel so matches the FK8 no change to scrub radius.

Back