• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 K&N Performance Air Filter?

Is it worth it?

I have had K&N Filters in my other Type R’s and I haven’t really noticed any difference over the standard filter.

Is the air filter changed every 3 years in the service schedule? What do the standard filters cost?

Every 2 years or 25k if it's the same as the FK2. It will be in the manual anyway.

The turbo noise and lift off wastegate flutter is more pronounced. It will likely give a few ponies being a turbo car but in all likelihood you won't feel it on the butt dyno, but the noise will make it seem better.

K&N is cleaned and reused, so technically over time, you'll get your money back on it if you don't have the service plan.

I have a pipercross as it came to market quicker than the k&n. Defo worth it just for the sound. Some people with standard panel filter reported the whooshing sounds but I had zero, so the panel filter was best thing I've bought for it

I have a pipercross as it came to market quicker than the k&n. Defo worth it just for the sound. Some people with standard panel filter reported the whooshing sounds but I had zero, so the panel filter was best thing I've bought for it

I hadn’t actually thought about it changing the sound, thanks for the info, that’s good to know, does the K&N sound the same as the Pipercross one? I think the Pipercross might be the cheaper option?

Pipercross is much cheaper yes, £38 vs £65. I've not heard the k&n in person but from YouTube sounds about the same.

K&N no doubt last longer, better quality etc but as I say, pipercross brought theirs out quicker so went with that.

No brainier so get one ordered!!

*Awaits post from Fan saying there is chunk of his filter wrapped around his turbo*

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The pipercross ones used to sag after a while. I would opt for k&n.

Yeah, I went for the K&N option, I've had their stuff on previous cars and always found their products to be good quality. Hopefully i'll get to fit it this morning.

Let us know mate on the sound, or even better post a vid clip!

Well, it’s pretty underwhelming! Lol

There’s a very faint whoosh sound, may be it sounds better or louder outside the car? I thought it would be more noticeable from the YouTube videos I watched.

It is a better quality filter though so it should mean the car can breathe better so it’s still a worth while mod.

I've just fitted one as well, I find it quite noticeable (sound only). I'm gonna get all technical here, but it definitely sounds 'whooshier' :)

Just get the eventuri ;)

[video=youtube;uvuUQx7D0uQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvuUQx7D0uQ[/video]

The non-OEM filter may not remove particles that would be filtered by the OEM equivalent - something that has been witnessed over on the NSX forum.

The non-OEM filter may not remove particles that would be filtered by the OEM equivalent - something that has been witnessed over on the NSX forum.

What, people have bought some then? :D

Hear what you're saying, but as long as you don't live in a desert or near a coal mine, should be absolutely fine surely.

Fitted one at the weekend, it’s not as loud as the Fk2 was but with radio off and passenger window down you can hear it.

What, people have bought some then? :D

Hear what you're saying, but as long as you don't live in a desert or near a coal mine, should be absolutely fine surely.

There were certainly deposits left in the inlet tract of my NSX so some would've gone into the engine. No idea of the long term effects.

Back