• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Acuity Shifter Upgrades

i doff my cap gents, but if there was one area the Fk8 didn't need improving, I think it's the gear shift!!!

having said that don't knock it until you've tried it of course

So I decided to do the cable bushings as the general feedback I’ve seen or heard is that these make the biggest difference to the gear shift.

They were are bit tricky to fit but not too bad to be honest. The hardest part was getting the air box front screw to go back in. The installation video on YouTube was very easy to follow.

Some more feedback for those that may be interested....
My observation now that I have what the call the Stage 2 set up is that it is significantly better than the stock set up. I makes the gear shift more positive and notchy which is something that not everyone will like but it feels much more precise. Before I fitted the cable bushings it felt more positive and smoother than stock.

Whether this is an upgrade that is needed is very subjective as it’s all individual preference but I think it was worth the money and time to make the driving experience even more enjoyable.

Back