• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Pot Hole Hell

5500 on B roads and the enevitable happened in big style.

Long story short, hit a section of road that is best described as **** poor, 55mm deep for 5 metres so coming out the car was launched in the air as it was like hitting a ramp at 60mph, one flat rimmed alloy, one destroyed Michelin PS4S, 4" cut in side wall of tyre. In my old elise it would have taken the front clam off.
Geo will need doing and a 4 hour wait for Honda assist. Looking at all options got the car on Jack stands and removed all wheels and inspected front & rear wheels, everything looks straight underneath, but bill is looking like £550 for the wheel £225 for the tyre and a geo so thinking of getting a full set of something else and keeping the 20" for summer driving.

I don't think on this occasion have a slightly smaller rim would have helped.

What options are there?

TIA

Absolute nightmare mate, feel for you

How can he claim it back, from the council? How can he prove it though? Gps somehow?

Get some bronze rays mate :lol:

I have contacted them already, spoke to the two of the three houses along the road, both had claims for the same road in the last year!

Whilst inspecting the wheels I have noticed that one looks like it has corrosion, the paint is looking blistered, is that just wear and tear or do you think I could go warranty on it, only 13 months old! Also they are heavily chipped, perhaps it's more noticeable as black.

It will be a battle, that is for sure. The only silver lining is as the car is up on axels stands I'm giving the bremnos a good clean!

Honda know the finish on there wheels are shocking. I tried to claim for 4 alloys under warranty and it got declined.
If they do decline it then Kick off at customer services and they should give you a good will gesture ( they replaced 2 of mine as good will)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yeah when my new car was in for it's Ceramic Coating and PPF the detailers said they were convinced one of my brand new from factory wheels had either had a refurb or they had missed a coat of paint as the paint was just flat compared to the other 3. ](*,)

They told me mine was declined because of poor maintenance. ( I'm a Pro detailer and have been for 20years)
My response was that I wasn't washing them with a bucket of salty sea water!

They told me mine was declined because of poor maintenance. ( I'm a Pro detailer and have been for 20years)
My response was that I wasn't washing them with a bucket of salty sea water!

Juddddderman

Back