• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Modification choice Ep3

Which should I use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a Tegiwa engine torque damper and an Ultra Racing front strut brace. I can't really use them together but I also can't decide which I prefer to run. The cornering without the brace is definitely a bit softer, and running without the ETD gives a bit more wheel hop. Which should I chose to use?

I have a Tegiwa engine torque damper and an Ultra Racing front strut brace. I can't really use them together but I also can't decide which I prefer to run. The cornering without the brace is definitely a bit softer, and running without the ETD gives a bit more wheel hop. Which should I chose to use?
Sell the strut brace and buy the tegiwa one? Is compatible with the torque damper

Tegiwa strut brace has a critical design flaw. It has single attachment points to the strut top mounts. This means that it will flex & pivot rather than provide an actual increase in chassis stiffness. You will notice all quality strut braces have two attachment points at each end. This prevents the pivoting motion.

I have to say the ultra racing one is a solid bit of kit, it also runs quite straight between the strut towers.

You don't really need either for the road, I don't get any wheel hop worth noting and my car corners pretty well. Just has brand new OEM engine mounts, no braces or TD.

I can notice the difference with the brace. I've got some superpro polybushed wishbones in the garage. I'm looking at getting the car dropped 15-20mm, so I'll get the wishbones put on at the same time.

Back