• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 Wheels Specs - Track Day Use

fmp

Hi guys

I tried searching for this, as it must be common information, but I came up with nothing (most likely user error!)

Anyway, I want to get a set of wheels for my JDM EP3 ready for a few track days this year.

I was going to get a 2nd set of standard wheels and use those, but I believe they are quite heavy, so started looking at alternatives.

Whilst I have a hankering for some JDM bling, my budget doesn't allow it, so I was thinking either some Rota's (which I have always slated in the past, due to ripping off other designs, but that's by the by!) Or some Team Dynamics pro race 1's.

I want a wheel that will fit the car without issue, when running a 215/45/17 track day tyre (assuming these are ok to run? other people seem to have to issue).

The car is currently standard, but at some point will be running Bilstein B8's with Eibach pro kit springs, and a FRSU.

I have no interest in rolling arches or running spacers etc.

Rota wheels UK said the following will fit with no issue: 17x7.5 ET45.

I can only assume its the same with any wheel I buy, assuming its available in that width & offset? If not, what are my other alternatives?

Again, apologies if this has been asked before, but I want to make sure I buy the correct offset and width wheels!

Much appreciation to any answers or advice I receive.

I'm running rotas in that spec, with 215 45 17 ad08r. I have a frsu with - 1.2 camber and have had no issues. If you want to increase camber more than that then it may get pretty close to rubbing on the inside. My car is not lowered though, but I may be looking at the pro kit soon.

Attachments

• sketch-1522000476604-887x540.png
    sketch-1522000476604-887x540.png
    739.1 KB · Views: 25
  • sketch-1548673856387.png
    sketch-1548673856387.png
    790.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
I have Enkai RPF1 8J running 215/45/17 MRF civic cup tyres. Its lowered on yellow speed with -4 degree camber with no issues.

Thanks for the info guys.

-4 degrees of camber.... damn! I ran -3 on my clio 182 race car, and that felt pretty mad!

Thanks for the info guys.

-4 degrees of camber.... damn! I ran -3 on my clio 182 race car, and that felt pretty mad!

I was running -3 but it was scrubbing the outside edge real bad. I run -3 on the back.

Hi guys

I am looking at buying a set of Team Dynamics wheels, do I need spigot rings with these?

If so, what size?

Thanks!

Hi guys

I am looking at buying a set of Team Dynamics wheels, do I need spigot rings with these?

If so, what size?

Thanks!

Team Dynamics come in various sizes but they do make a direct fit for the ep3 with the same CB 64.1. So you'll need to find out what the wheel specs are.

Back