• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

TPMS light came on, I have recalibrated the system (we’ll see if it comes back on?).

Do double check your pressures. When I had my tyre change recently they asked me what my preferences were and I told them (F36/R34) My TPMS kept going off so I checked and 3 had 44psi and one of the fronts had 35

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my 255/35/20 PS4S's fitted today, and I've done a little driving:- A quick summary for everyone! -

Main things:
- Speedo is fine; It overreads by ~1mph now across all speeds, so it's a big improvement here
- As expected, no big change in geometry so there is no change in torque steer.
- Rim protection is excellent - Managed to kerb it for the first time in months (Sods law, that!) and it didn't touch the wheel.
- Good increase in traction under all circumstances - Wet, dry, straight line, corner exit etc.
- Nice comfort increase; Sport is now similar to Comfort in terms of secondary ride.
- Steering doesn't seem quite as sharp, but that's to be expected.
- Seems like less or at least less noticeable road noise, which is a nice touch considering the extra width.

Next time I'm at a meet with another Fk8 I'll see if I can do some further comparison / measurement :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any opinions on pressures as yet, by the way?

Using Tiresize.com's load rating calculator, I get the following conversions:

245/30 -> 255/35
33 26
35 28
36 29
41 33
42 33

That would make things work by load - seems fairly low as it goes though - The fronts are currently ~32 from the tyre shop - Feels alright, but there's a notable lack of dirt on the edges - I've got a long drive tonight so might test the above and see if I can take some temperatures across the tyre with a laser thermometer.

Any opinions on pressures as yet, by the way?

Using Tiresize.com's load rating calculator, I get the following conversions:

245/30 -> 255/35
33 26
35 28
36 29
41 33
42 33

That would make things work by load - seems fairly low as it goes though - The fronts are currently ~32 from the tyre shop - Feels alright, but there's a notable lack of dirt on the edges - I've got a long drive tonight so might test the above and see if I can take some temperatures across the tyre with a laser thermometer.

reminded me i need to check mine iirc i think mine where @35 psi when fitted from the garage

Just arrived having run 28 front, 26 rear - feels perfectly good once again, clearly using the full width of the tread too.

Checking the temperature at the services, looks to be about the same temperature across the tread (slightly warmer on the inside with the camber)

Have had the TPMS come on a few times despite calibration, and MPG seems rather low at 37mpg for a very steady 70 cruise, but I don't usually pay that much heed.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Just trying the other end of the spectrum now; 40 front & 36 rear - extra pressure at the front has bumped up the pointiness, and traction still seems fine. I'll keep tweaking

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back